Recent content by Goro Harasaki

1. G

Playing without the patch

I finished it without the patch. No major bug noticed.
  2. G

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Most of all the biggest French outlets rated it 5/10 and wrote the same shit about the "dated" aspect and so on. Jeuxvideo.com 10/20 Gamekult 5/10 Jeuxactu 50/100 Le journal du geek 5/10 I feel like living in the worst times of the Soviet Union, with one official outlet, Pravda (=...
  3. G

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Shenmue 3 is an easy prey. Not a big studio behind it, shitting on it won't have any consequence (no blacklisting by the editor, unlike what Square Enix and a few big companies are used to do). And it is a good clickbait.
  4. G

If it doesn’t happen...

I want a game. Imho, Shenmue's story is not what makes it special. If it had been released only as a manga or a novel 20 years ago, few people would remember it nowadays.
  5. G

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Who cares, the guy has only 98 followers and almost no retweet.
  6. G

What a disappointment

6,5/10 Main flaws : -The story-telling. I was fine with the graphics not being cutting-edge. They had some charm. But the story-telling was poor. Too much inconsistency and a superficial character development. That's terrible for a Shenmue game. -The new gameplay mechanics and HUD/UI elements...
  7. G

Question about something near the end of the game... People who can read Japanese needed!

It's full Chinese :) The vertical sentence is a Chinese idiom meaning "Constant effort leads to success". Checked here : https://www.trainchinese.com/v2/wordDetails.php?rAp=0&wordId=99628&tcLanguage=en No idea about the smaller text, that's too grammatically Chinese to be understood with a...
  8. G

total sales Shemue 3 are rather low, even in Japan.

"Even in Japan". That's a poor analysis from them. When you know how Japan does not care about the Shenmue series and the situation of the console games market there, it was clear that this game's sales would be low in that country. The Shenmue fanbase is mostly European and American.
  9. G

Potential Shenmue 3 Retcons?

For Shenmue 4, YSNet should hire 1 or 2 Shenmue fans who know very well about the lore, as consultants. Yu Suzuki does not play games, I think he forgot some parts of the first games that were created by members of the team 20 years ago. For instance, he did not remember the Nozomi fight easter...
  10. G

That is NOT how ducks behave

There are many species of ducks and some can't fly. But even those who fly can be disabled : you just need to cut feathers from one of their wings. The peasants from 1987's Guilin know this trick for sure :D
  11. G

Who actually likes shenmue 3?

I liked : -the environments, especially the rice fields and the green areas with flowers, butterflies...At night it's wow. -how you can have your own style to deal with the economic system. For ex, I did not catch any fish, I fished once in Bailu but did not do it again. -The way Ryo and...
  12. G

The cliff temple . That's where we found the scroll

I finished the game today, in full Japanese (voices + subtitles). There is clearly a mistranslation in English, as in Japanese it's something like "makimono ni atta/(egakareta) o-tera" = "The temple that was (drawn) on the scroll"... It feels like a word for word translation of this sentence...
  13. G

Shenmue 3 Sales

L Death Stranding and all the other games in that list (Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion...) are not in their first week. All of them sold more than 200K units until now. Shenmue 3 will drop very low next week and disappear from that list, unfortunately. 17K on the first week means that it won't...
  14. G

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Thruth hurts but after reaching Niaowu, I must admit that I'm not shocked anymore to see such average/mediocre scores... If it keeps above 70 at the end, we should be happy.
  15. G

Nozomi aweful voice acting.

Ryo and Nozomi call each other by their last names because they are schoolmates. That's common in Japanese. Ryo does the same when he talks with the 2 girls (forgot their names) standing near the game center in Dobuita. They are his schoolmates as well. All the old characters' Japanese voices...
Back