Recent content by Jetmcfancy

1. Jetmcfancy

Random Gaming Thoughts

One of my favourite things to come out of this decade is the small story that’s been playing over the last three to four years of No Man’s Sky quietly re-building its reputation and the developers continuing to work on improving the game (which wasn’t even bad to begin with) when they probably...
  2. Jetmcfancy

2019 - How was your year?

I look forward to it! That and giving a big middle finger to all of the bad of the past year when we're on the other side.
  3. Jetmcfancy

2019 - How was your year?

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. My mum passed away in april due to complications of a stage 4 cancer. But one thing I can say for sure is that the staff at King’s were nothing short of fantastic with her. So at least there is a positive to take from that, knowing she is in the best possible...
  4. Jetmcfancy

What song are you listening to right now?

I saw Ghost last friday! It's time for us all to start a fan club.
  5. Jetmcfancy

What song are you listening to right now?

It's so good, and so catchy!
  6. Jetmcfancy

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Finally started exploring and getting around Niaowu. There sure is a lot to do here, and so much to explore and that's only just in the first part!
  7. Jetmcfancy

Random Thoughts

The festive music has started on the radio already. Suddenly making it through the work day with sanity in tact has become much more of challenge as Michael Bublé starts crooning/droning on.
  8. Jetmcfancy

Finally got out of Bialu Village and that was probably at the perfect time because a few things were beginning to frustrate/ I was getting a little bit fidgety with the game. Overall I'm still quite happy with the game. (Having to condense my thoughts because I'm at work and don't want to be...
  9. Jetmcfancy

Chatting with Shenhua might be my favourite thing in the game thus far...

I love it, personally. For the first time in twenty years I can finally see Ryo as something other than completely and utterly awkward in all social situations.
  10. Jetmcfancy

My Shenmue 3 impressions (5 hours in)

If I could share some of my own first impressons (Just because there isn't a thread dedicated to everyone's just yet.) So, I can’t speak for any elements of the story. Because honestly, I only just scratched the surface in terms of that. At least that’s how it feels. I played about two and a...
  11. Jetmcfancy

My Shenmue 3 impressions (5 hours in)

...I got the soccer ball from the pail toss guy. That was actually first thing I did in the whole game, haha!
  12. Jetmcfancy

By pure chance because I'm going to a gig on Friday night so booked the day off of work, from tuesday I have a good five days off from work. So I'm really hoping that the game will arrive by release date so that I can sit down and relive the glory days of my youth mostly uninterrupted. I can...
  13. Jetmcfancy

The closer it gets to the release date of Shenmue 3, the more unbelievable it seems that the game is actually coming out. As a concept it barely registers in my brain. I think over the past few months I've become quite successful at tuning it out and removing myself from the hype...
  14. Jetmcfancy

Ask the Person Below you a Question?

A: Ozymandias by Percy Shelley. When we were studying war poetry in secondary school, this poem was included in a different part of the book which I decided to read instead of what I was supposed to. It always stuck with me. I met a traveller from an antique land Who said: Two vast and...
  15. Jetmcfancy

Music

Oh, I've no doubt. I can't actually remember if I said this in my first post, or if I just mentioned it in conversation with someone else weeks ago. But I had the same hang-ups about 10,000 days at the time, which ended up probably being my favourite album of theirs overall. There's not actually...
Back