Random Shenmue III Thoughts

If someone is still ranting about EGS on any Shenmue video they can find, they are more than likely a troll and never had any interest in Shenmue. There’s an entire subreddit dedicated to EGS hatred. I can’t imagine devoting my life to posting about something I dislike.
Yeah, seriously. How sad and empty does your life have to be to spend your free time on a subreddit called FuckEpic or any other part of the Internet unironically dedicated to the hatred of something?

I'm so ready to play this game! But does Shenhua's appearance not seem jarring to anyone else? Suddenly she's ultra-pale(as a country girl), tall as a model, with an entirely different face and outfit. Did I miss something?

I'm so ready to play this game! But does Shenhua's appearance not seem jarring to anyone else? Suddenly she's ultra-pale(as a country girl), tall as a model, with an entirely different face and outfit. Did I miss something?
I didn't notice her being tall, but yeah, there's been a lot of discussion about her changed appearance. It took me a while, but I've warmed up to it a lot.

I really liked her model in 'mue II and even though it was even more jarring, the one from E3 truly isn't bad; just didn't look like her at all lol.

She looks good now, I believe, closest to how Yu imagined her to be.
You both have a great outlook! I'll definitely give it time to sink in. I hadn't even considered that this may have been Yu's original intent; thanks for the perspective!

@Real1 totally hope you do. Am going through the same thing. When i get a second am on here looking for new info. Its driving me nuts.

Its absolutely nuts that people are still going on about EGS.

Turns out that waiting nearly 2 decades for something and then nearly getting it has weird side effects hahaha

By pure chance because I'm going to a gig on Friday night so booked the day off of work, from tuesday I have a good five days off from work. So I'm really hoping that the game will arrive by release date so that I can sit down and relive the glory days of my youth mostly uninterrupted. I can feel the excitement slowly starting to creep in now. We're very close.

I hope Shenhua has her classic outfit as an alternate outfit.

I'm still praying that, at the beginning of Shenmue 3 we see Shenhua dressed as a big yellow banana ready to go on a jolly-good adventure with Ryo.. and then the screen pauses and we hear Yu Suzuki say "Yeah...RIGHT!" and POOF Shenhua is returned to her glorious rags and potato-sack dress!

pretty depressing how much hate shenmue 3 is getting in the comments of every article i come across online.

i think the worst thing is its coming from people who claim to be kickstarter backers.. but thinking back to the original release of S1 or S2 (1999-2001) they got top reviews but the avarage gamer wasnt interested in them or they showed some hate.. so i guess things haven't really changed.

review wise im thinking it might get a 7/10 on gamespot & ign.. and as its a "pc" game ( no real violence / killing / shooting ) it might get a good review on mettacritic.

Speaking of retcons, do you think the new Shenmue 3 intro will remove the flying sword?

it will probably be in there somewhere,

ys might have been joking but he said the intro is about 15 mins long, recapping the story upto s3... no idea if that will just be a s1-2 HD clip or something new.

So did we ever actually find out if review copies were ever sent out? I know we have an embargo.

A dude here (sorry, can't remember his alias) who runs a small Italian video games site said he is getting a review code on the 19th November... He isn't sure if it's the same for all outlets or if it's just because he has a smallish website, but said it's pretty unusual either way...

Back