Recent content by kaliskonig91

1. K

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Great series overall. I loved nearly every change and the anime has made Shenmue an even stronger Narrative. Only low point for me was episode 12 for obvious reasons. So much had to be skipped in the Shenmue 2 arc but they still managed to cram in nearly every major story beat and expand on the...
  2. K

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 12 "Guidepost" thread

Yeah Baihu fight has been the one time the anime has made me cringe. I get that they likely need budget for the finale but man that was bad. Its like they cut out the complete first portion of Ryo getting his ass kicked a bit before remembering his Wude. This has been the only episode that I can...
  3. K

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 8 "Aspiration" Thread

Loved this episode. I really enjoy the slow burn episodes in the hong kong arc most tbh. At this pace, I feel like they should end it at Ryo and Rens big escape from Dancing Dragon instead of going over the rest of Shenmue 2 in just 5 episodes though.
  4. K

SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 7 "Future" THREAD

Yeah man I think a lot of the context went above your head. The point of the wude SHOULD be to learn within and exhibit them. that is what anime ryo has done. He didnt teach it to the street performer, he simply stated that he now understands and he doesnt want him to go against it. Him fighting...
  5. K

Shenmue The Animation Episode 5: Equal SPOILERS thread

Think Im going to do a rewatch of Shenmue the Movie alongside my first Dub watch through of this show. Episode was great. honestly with how well the anime handled the story so far I would have been okay if they stretched the Shenmue 1 arc to 12 episodes and made Hong Kong season 2 lol. I really...
  6. K

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 4: Shackles Thread

Another amazing episode. I do feel it was even more fast paced than even the first episode but I can respect it since if we are being honest...this arc was a slog in-game. If they devote 8 episodes to Shenmue 2 I feel like we wont be missing too many important beats. Man I hope this anime is...
  7. K

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

I think if you are a fan of the games, there is a ton to love with this episode. So much potential added to what we thought we knew with the little changes. I can see why some might liek it the least since there was no major conflict and mostly an episode of intrigue and build-up.
  8. K

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

At this point, its hard for me not to see this as the story Yu truly wanted to tell. Its funny because even though the games never said anything, I wondered if Chen was selling antiques due to warehouse No.8. I never put two and two together and saw the bigger picture in the context of the games...
  9. K

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

I feel the exact same way. Shenmue 3 really put a damper on my excitement to reexperience the games. This anime is giving me high hopes that it will fix nearly every issue I had with Shenmue 3's story and characters if we get a season 2. God I hope they confirm season 2 the moment after episode...
  10. K

Yeah. They are actually a big deal for their respective niche in Japan like video game soundtracks are. lol
  11. K

Im sure from the start of episode 7 it will be a new ending focusing on Joy (or other Hong Kong ladies) for sure.
  12. K

Just finished it up. - The anime soundtrack release cant come soon enough. These new arrangements of familiar themes are great. Please do Earth and Sea and Swallow dive! - Seeing Shenmue 3 characters is amazing. I am loving how Shenhua is being integrated from jump. This gives me high hopes...
  13. K

- I love the capsule toy on the table in the first shot and the following investigation montage. lol That's the subtlety we are supposed to have when adapting a game like Shenmue for animation as to not waste time. Again, so far this show defintiely reminds me of Persona 4's anime DIRECTION...
  14. K

Spoilers Shenmue The Animation: Episode 1 - Thunderclap - Thread

I would have guessed after finding Zhu OR the assault on Yellow Head if they could cram it in. but since it started with the cave, it would be weird to not end it there.
  15. K

Spoilers Shenmue The Animation: Episode 1 - Thunderclap - Thread

People need to stop overreacting in regards to characters we havent seen yet from Shenmue 2. Hell the only time we saw Dou Niu was in the most recent anime art. There was no reason to believe they will skip Xiuying of all people. jeez. The ending song to episode 1 is actually the opening theme...
Back