Recent content by MadeMan

1. MadeMan

Is there enough enthusiasm for a Shenmue 4?

I don't know of a way to measure this, but I do think there was a significant number of people backing the third game that just got caught up in the hype. We can only go off anecdotal evidence though. I'm more worried about the fans who may have been turned off by Shenmue III and wouldn't want...
  2. MadeMan

DLC

Yes I did back the game, and took a gamble with that backing. I'm overall happy that we got something, even if I find aspects of the game disappointing. I don't see the need to buy DLC that is focused around the aspect of the game I enjoyed the least though. I won't stop anyone else from buying...
  3. MadeMan

Is there enough enthusiasm for a Shenmue 4?

I think a lot of the casual fans who backed Shenmue III or played it without playing the first two would be turned off a little, but I think fans who really want the complete story are still around. They also have potential to improve things a LOT for a potential sequel that could win people...
  4. MadeMan

General Impressions

Yeah it's a bad system. The combat and progression of it is crap compared to the first two games. I wouldn't bother with Snake Oil, it's hardly worth it, the fights you can win you can do without it until towards the end of the game. Just buy black garlic in bulk so you can keep running. It's...
  5. MadeMan

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Agree 100%. The QTEs in Shenmue III were one of the disappointments I had, considering I really liked the first two game's implementation. Shenmue 3 went backwards hard on that one.
  6. MadeMan

General Impressions

Hmm, I don't know. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after a few more hours play. I found that it actually removed or changed a lot of things I liked best about the original games. That's not to say there isn't still a lot that's still in there, but I feel like side by side in any era the...
  7. MadeMan

I'd argue it's the strengths that make it Shenmue.
  8. MadeMan

DLC

I see what you mean, I can understand that having a time limit and different layout makes it more enjoyable to you. Making it more like a beat-em-up or the like. Not sure what you mean about comparing Shenmue 1's combos to Shenmue 3 combat but I hated the combat in 3 for a few reasons I've...
  9. MadeMan

At What Point Does Ryo.. Evolve?

So cool that you used the Evo 2018 footage, Homestay Akira is a beast.
  10. MadeMan

I just hope we get back to the mystical aspects! I also liked this, probably the only 'new' feature Shenmue III added that I actually think was a positive addition.
  11. MadeMan

Hmm, interesting. What things did you like/dislike about Bailu/Niaowu? I disliked Niaowu for feeling very 'fake'. It felt like a tacky theme-park with the arcades and very western styled burger/ice-cream shops in the middle of a traditional Chinese city. Bailu at least felt a lot more genuine...
  12. MadeMan

I think I mirror a few other comments here where I'm not motivated to play because the finale for the game was so weak. I actually liked Bailu a fair bit, and the characters/exploring aspects, but the combat has to be amongst the worst I've ever played, and Niaowu was a mixed bag. Like someone...
  13. MadeMan

General Impressions

Hmm, I think there are some pretty glaring flaws that can't be dismissed as 'nitpicking', but otherwise I agree, I can barely believe we got Shenmue III after all this time!
  14. MadeMan

General Impressions

I mirror your thoughts pretty closely. I'm glad it exists and that I backed it, but there were some huge flaws that really hampered my enjoyment (I also think the combat was atrocious and some choices in locations/design were really immersion-killing. Chai statues being one of them). Overall...
  15. MadeMan

Am I the only one who finished the game and hasn't had much excitement to play it again? It's a shame, I really thought I'd be doing a second playthrough at least, but haven't been motivated to at all. I do think I'll revisit it later, but probably after I finish a couple of other games on the...
Back