Recent content by Master Kyodai

1. Master Kyodai

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Prolly an outcast here for not loving Shenmue 3 that much. But recently played Shenmue 1 again and immediately remembered why I fell in love with it so much. The music in Shenmue 1 is what I still really love so much. the many small places you can enter, that feeling like you really live there...
  2. Master Kyodai

Shenmue III Trial PC Keyboard controls

Maybe this will help someone. I found out you can press "i" in game for help, but since it's context sensitive I felt it makes more sense if I note down all keys to get a better overview for myself. So basically keyboard emulates an Xbox Joypad. Walking is pretty obvious: W / Arrow Up - Walk...
  3. Master Kyodai

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I really hope they add kinda tutorial on keyboard controls in the final version to help people who don't use an xbox controller or so.
  4. Master Kyodai

Kickstarter Update #115 | Trial Version Distribution Notice

Aight, so I got the PC trial - does anyone know what the keyboard controls are? J and K do something. I managed to get into the options menu but couldn't find out what L and R are mapped to -any clues? I hope it's possible to remap some keys? Wish they had given some clues on how to play it with...
  5. Master Kyodai

General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

Somehow i made my peace with the re-release today. After playing another 4 hours I felt a bit like being 20 years younger again. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me (no drugs, i swear!) , but Shenmue 2 looks much crisper and especially at night roaming through the golden quarter i felt that...
  6. Master Kyodai

Nostalgic train - anyone playing this?

Keep in mind the English translation is fan made. The Producer (Tatamibeya) helped me a lot and corrected all the pronouns (he, she, it...) since that is usually a guessing game if you see a single sentence without the context (And all sentences come out in a random order from the localization...
  7. Master Kyodai

I'm not even complaining about the bugs, I am just angry at myself that i fell for it again, buying the same game (for Shenmue 2) for the third time and still getting the same old stuff over and over. Yeah I've been an idiot for buying an XBox just for Shenmue 2 even though I already had it on...
  8. Master Kyodai

Ban me if you have to. I am too old to play any games in forums. If this became a "post nice reviews to be a member" forum then maybe I came to the wrong place anyways. Already missing the old Dojo...
  9. Master Kyodai

I really hope these new patches improve something. Yeah Shenmue 1 & 2 were great and looked great on the Dreamcast - but on PS4 they really just look AGED as it is. Honestly -back in the days i bought Shenmue 1 because it was the best looking video game around. 19 years later I just bought them...
  10. Master Kyodai

Oh wow for my previous post i was "Warned for posting extreme negativity for a release that isn't officially even out yet on a fan forum where we should be promoting the series in a good light!" Yeah sucks to be saying the truth. Wish i could say something good - but whoever got me that warning...
  11. Master Kyodai

Oh well - after all is said and done it's still a very "Japanese" game, so not sure it would ever become a surprise hit outside of Japan.But such a beautiful little town, I just love hanging out there.
  12. Master Kyodai

https://store.steampowered.com/app/801260/NOSTALGIC_TRAIN/ Anyone else playing this? I've been a supporter from nearly day 1 and also helped a bit with the English translation (Still a community hack thingy). Not really close to Shenmue as it lacks 3rd person and fighting but what i really...
  13. Master Kyodai

Getting in touch with past members...

Bambi! You're alive! The original master. Hope you're doing fine. :)
  14. Master Kyodai

Japanese Music

Soran Bushi... If you don't know this song then you just don't know jack about Japan...
Back