Recent content by rmkii

1. rmkii

Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

I'm betting for 2 or 3 seasons as well. Really liked first episode besides some nitpicks (Shenhua and Nozomi look too different, imo).
  2. rmkii

Games You Like if You Like Shenmue

While not identical to Shenmue, some of these scratched that Shenmue itch to me thanks to the nature of the NPCs, small details in the world, slice of life/mundane moments or some investigative elements (not all of them had all these elements, tho). -Deadly Premonition (NPCs with schedule...
  3. rmkii

How big should environments be?

I also vouch for smaller, packed areas. Shenmue II is my favorite of the three so far and I certainly liked Shenmue III, but always felt some of their areas were too big or spread out (a bunch of apartments in Kowloon had multiple floors but were empty, for example, some areas in Bailu and...
  4. rmkii

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

It's an impressive AA game with a relative small team, for sure. I'd put the current Ys Net in a similar situation of Frogwares and Piranha Bytes, the developers of Sherlock Holmes games and Gothic/Risen/ELEX series, in the sense of scale and ambition of the development team. (can't recommend...
  5. rmkii

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I also felt that III had a similar progression to I. At least in Bailu village, that is... Niaowu however felt more like they tried to do Aberdeen or Kowloon without the budget of Shenmue II. Still, it will probably work as a build up for the next game since this one left Cliff Temple (and...
Back