Recent content by Ruffles

1. Ruffles

How do you think Shenmue III would fare if released on the Dreamcast?

Yep, likely. All the effort put into fan service wouldn't have been a thing. Probably still another type of game than S2, though.
  2. Ruffles

How do you think Shenmue III would fare if released on the Dreamcast?

From what I understand, Shenmue III was always supposed to be a different game than the first two. Yu Suzuki said in an interview many years ago that hos idea of S3 is a dialogue based game and less action oriented. At that time I imagined S3 to be more like disc 4 of S2. S3 on PS4 was of course...
  3. Ruffles

Your Positive Highlights of Shenmue III

The beginning of the game, taking my first steps in Bailu village after so many years was very special. Talking to old people in Bailu certainly gave me that old Shenmue feeling again. The story of the Verdant Bridge was interesting and gave me hope that the story of Shenmue III would really...
  4. Ruffles

How would you feel if Microsoft funded Shenmue IV in exchange for exclusivity?

It wouldn't be any bigger problem than that S3 was exclusive to PS4. I play on both platforms, and if I didn't I'd get the one S4 was on.
  5. Ruffles

Chicken catching...

I didn't experience those issues, except the lack of reaction time but I had that problem with basically every QTE in the game. It just felt off. I thought the chicken catch was outright boring.
  6. Ruffles

How do you feel about the rewards distribution?

Of what? The reward?
  7. Ruffles

How do you feel about the rewards distribution?

I agree with OP. I'm disappointed with how this has worked (or rather not worked). So far I've received one signed painting in some kind of plastic. I remember seeing pictures of Yu Suzuki signing rewards ages ago. They've had plenty of time to prepare everything. Right now I fear I won't...
  8. Ruffles

SHENMUE III - REVIEW ROUNDUP

I didn't mind the training, that was fine and actually a bit rewarding. What I disliked was the grinding for money. First in Bailu and then again in Niaowu. It just felt like a way to make the game a bit longer.
  9. Ruffles

Shenmue 3 is really amazing

I agree. Shenmue II is on another level. Still enjoy many of the cutscenes from that game. Ryo arriving at Langhuishan by boat is another favourite.
  10. Ruffles

Watch your tone. There's no point in being an ass to others here acting like this. Let's send that question right back at you: who, beside you and a few others, thinks Shenmue III has a good story? That the story is really good compared to both S1 and S2 as well as other great games in general...
  11. Ruffles

We all knew this beforehand. But the critique isn't unfair at all. Good storytelling doesn't require $70 million. There are much cheaper games having great stories. Apart from a lot of other things already being discussed here, what made S3 a worse game than the previous two for a lot of people...
  12. Ruffles

The fact that people Ryo barely knew showed up to fight. The whole thing with Niao Sun and Lan Di. It felt rushed and ill-conceived the whole thing. It was just badly written.
  13. Ruffles

My views on the game changed while I played it. I didn't like the new combat system and leveling up through training at first but ended up liking it pretty much. It was apparent that the time I put into (pretty boring) training had a result in my combat. I became stronger and faster and could...
  14. Ruffles

Is Yu Suzuki out of touch with gaming standards?

That's something completely different from letting him create a whole game while funding it for him, of course.
  15. Ruffles

Is Yu Suzuki out of touch with gaming standards?

That will never happen, though. No Shenmue game has done well commercially (the first one was OK, I guess) and Sega will have no interest in working with someone who's made a name for himself of not keeping within the budget limits... To me, it feels like the team ran out of both time and money...
Back