How do you feel about the rewards distribution?

You reckon they were gambling on cashing-in on post release sales and creating/sending out the rewards from that cash.
I think they have to detail to kickstarter a portion of the budget that will go to the rewards in order to be able to go live with a fundraiser.

So you would think not but who knows.

This topic shows some fans have no limits to what they'll defend. Like it's their duty or something. Geez....

Kinda the reverse when you make a post. People just know you'll be bitching about something.

I haven’t backed many Kickstarters, but as a casual observer of Kickstarter-related threads on various forums it appears these issues occur with every high profile Kickstarter. I’m afraid it’s not so easy to blame our dear Ys Net for this debacle.

I haven’t backed many Kickstarters, but as a casual observer of Kickstarter-related threads on various forums it appears these issues occur with every high profile Kickstarter. I’m afraid it’s not so easy to blame our dear Ys Net for this debacle.
I just think it's par for the course somewhat.

It's difficult because overall I don't think the kickstarter was handled well overall.
This unfortunately. I have previously ordered merch from Fangamer and they have delivered well and the merch has been high quality. The Bloodstained and Shenmue III KS quality and delivery much worse though. I still support the occasional KS video game, usually smaller projects were I only pay for a digital game copy and in general these work out better, although there are scams.

Kickstarter wasn't on my radar in 2015 until S3 was on there so maybe I was just being wildly naive, but I thought, because a portion of the budget was already committed to rewards, that they'd be made early and remain in storage ready to go.

How cool would it have been to receive some rewards in the build up to S3' release? That would have been so much fun.

Also a question: if S3 had never been completed, would the back rewards never have been sent out either?

Kickstarter wasn't on my radar in 2015 until S3 was on there so maybe I was just being wildly naive, but I thought, because a portion of the budget was already committed to rewards, that they'd be made early and remain in storage ready to go.

How cool would it have been to receive some rewards in the build up to S3' release? That would have been so much fun.

Also a question: if S3 had never been completed, would the back rewards never have been sent out either?
That's right. Had the kickstarter failed or the project failed then no rewards would have come.

That's detailed into the risks of kickstarter on their page somewhere.

Maybe when they secured a publisher they should have committed to the rewards and started to ship them. I think it would have been a good way to build hype and promotion, especially arpund the time of the epic deal.

"Oh you guys are mad about the epic deal? Here's your physical ost!"

I agree with OP. I'm disappointed with how this has worked (or rather not worked). So far I've received one signed painting in some kind of plastic. I remember seeing pictures of Yu Suzuki signing rewards ages ago. They've had plenty of time to prepare everything.

Right now I fear I won't receive any more. I was disappointed in the game but after being a fan for so many years and investing time, emotion and money in Shenmue for two decades I would like to have the rewards I was promised. If nothing else as a conclusion of my journey with the franchise (sadly I doubt we'll ever see a conclusion of the story itself).

Today, I packed around 200 packs of PPE for the NHS. That took about 5 hours and rewarding though it was, it was also pretty damn tedious. Imagine having to do this for thousands of items! I can't even begin to imagine how long it took Suzuki-san to autograph all those photos.

Today, I packed around 200 packs of PPE for the NHS. That took about 5 hours and rewarding though it was, it was also pretty damn tedious. Imagine having to do this for thousands of items! I can't even begin to imagine how long it took Suzuki-san to autograph all those photos.
That's called a job.

And I agree signing a bunch of content would be tedious but they had 4 years to do that stuff so I don't feel so bad. I bet he does the same kind of thing at conventions.

That's called a job.

And I agree signing a bunch of content would be tedious but they had 4 years to do that stuff so I don't feel so bad. I bet he does the same kind of thing at conventions.

I'm not sure if you're referring to myself or Suzuki, but I took time out of my day job to do it (admittedly, I don't have much going on at the moment, but that's besides the point).

I agree with OP. I'm disappointed with how this has worked (or rather not worked). So far I've received one signed painting in some kind of plastic. I remember seeing pictures of Yu Suzuki signing rewards ages ago. They've had plenty of time to prepare everything.

Right now I fear I won't receive any more. I was disappointed in the game but after being a fan for so many years and investing time, emotion and money in Shenmue for two decades I would like to have the rewards I was promised. If nothing else as a conclusion of my journey with the franchise (sadly I doubt we'll ever see a conclusion of the story itself).
Can you post picture?

I'm not sure if you're referring to myself or Suzuki, but I took time out of my day job to do it (admittedly, I don't have much going on at the moment, but that's besides the point).
I magine it is fangamer's job to bring everything together and have it shipped. Whether or not it's boring or tedious to do so is irrelevant.

Well done dude. Thank you for the effort during these hard times. 👏

Well done dude. Thank you for the effort during these hard times. 👏

Thank you! I feel guilty, because my workload has dropped considerably recently (a lot of projects are on hold). I thought I would make myself useful doing this even though I still get paid as i'm doing the PPE during my working week. I've put myself down for 4 days over the next two weeks, so hopefully well get done as much as possible.

It's funny, because I was thinking of Shenmue as I was doing it. When I got to the docks, I made a game out of doing as many crates as possible and doing the PPE is very similar haha!

Back