Recent content by RyoIsTheShenmueTree

1. R

Yu Suzuki on 2020

I don't think that anybody else is looking to hire Yu Suzuki to make a new ip, especially after Shenmue 3. Nor do I think that Yu is interested in making any more games that are not Shenmue. We will be lucky if he can get the funding for Shenmue 4.
  2. R

Shenmue’s Relevance In Modern Times

I agree, Dehone. You and I have the ability to appreciate those games and Shenmue, but your average person doesn't have the ability to appreciate a game like Shenmue.
  3. R

I'm not trying to argue with you, but I think that you proved my point. Gamers simply don't have imagination or curiosity. They want to kill things. I see nothing wrong with being an elitist. I would rather eat at a Michelin starred restaurant with a tasting menu than eat at McDonalds or an...
  4. R

To 99% of video-gamers, Shenmue will never be relevant. This is because gamers, like consumers of all other forms of media such as movies, music, and even literature lack knowledge, perspective, patience, curiosity, and taste. It just is what it is. There may even be those among us who would...
  5. R

Sales of Shenmue III: Where are we now?

How can a company not track the sales of their own game? When they gave PC distribution rights to Epic, did they just sell Epic the right to sell it fo price, and Epic keeps all money made from sales and Epic does not have to let Deep Silver know how many copies were sold on the Epic store?
  6. R

Potential Issue/Bug - After Battle Rally DLC

I might try to play before they fix the bug. Maybe the final battle up the stairs to the Old Castle will be more challenging.
  7. R

Could Shenmus 3 get a VS mode?

I want all of YS Net's limited resources focused on making Shenmue IV and a possible Shenmue V. I am sure they are looking at how much money they are making from this DLC to see if it helped them financially to create the DLCs and if they should make DLC for future games, or if they should have...
  8. R

Shenmue 3 - Easy money in Niaowu (Patch 1.04)

They got rid of the reverse heal kick scroll exploit? I only used it because the other jobs in the game don't pay very much, the gambling favors the house like 10 to 1 and the scrolls and clothes are way overpriced. If they fixed that stuff, I wouldn't have cheated.
  9. R

All 120 Bailu Chan Locations Video

Thanks for posting this. I was having trouble with #20 from the Village Square.
  10. R

Favourite SEGA Games?

I don't know all of the ins and outs of the deal, but Bayonetta 3 is in development only for Switch, as well. If you ever do get a Switch, don't miss out on Super Mario Odyssey-it is a true joy to play. AND if you haven't already played Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, pick it up if...
  11. R

Favourite SEGA Games?

I was always a Sega fanboy. What distinguished Sega was the variety and quirkiness of their titles. Nintendo certainly made grand revolutionary innovations, but I always felt that Sega took more risks and I was happy to benefit from that. Other than Shenmue, my absolute favorite Sega game is...
  12. R

How to make the combat better in Shenmue 4?

LULZ apparently this is exactly what it is. I don't know what I was doing.
  13. R

How to make the combat better in Shenmue 4?

LOL, you are totally right. X is high kick Square is a knee O is like an upper cut or hook Triangle is a jab I never noticed, I guess because I always favored special moves over simple attacks because I assumed (I don't know if rightly or wrongly) that Special Moves did more damage. I think I...
  14. R

PlayStation Wrap-Up - Is Shenmue 3 Your Top Game of 2019?

YOU PLAYED 97 Different Games YOUR TOP GAMES 1 SHENMUE III...
  15. R

PlayStation Wrap-Up - Is Shenmue 3 Your Top Game of 2019?

Throughout the year you played 104 Days 237 Hours locally...
Back