Favourite title
What's Shenmue
Currently playing
Yak5+FFVI+DQII+Dreams+Mary Skelter
PSN
gamesbloke
XBL
gamesbloke
So I got 60/100 B-Chan... Got some nice bits. Went back to main game from selecting Continue from main menu. Got the confirmation window of what I received. Did a fight in Dojo near hotel and was roundly destroyed in approx five hits.... BUT WHY THOUGH I AM LEVEL 28 KUNG FU ETC.... Checked my stats and.....
IMG_20200121_221729.jpg
So..... Checked my save files and....
IMG_20200121_221752.jpg
Look at top file..... BUT WHY!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
So I Saved New Data with this new 'data' we shall call it and....
IMG_20200121_222024.jpg
WTF etc...

I'm PS4..... If this is legit back on level 1 I will be emotionally destroyed... More investigation needed.....

UPDATE: There is a fix: Just level up Attack/Endurance and it reverts back correctly..... Wow.... Close one... Lol....

Last edited:
WTH is that. Man I'm really sorry about that. I'll try and recreate this tonight and see if I can figure something out.

Where are you sparring? Tried anywhere else?

So I got lucky by not being at max level it would seem.

I loaded my current run (where everything is at Max) after playing the DLC and in the menu are still at Max

For clarity in my situation: I didn't collect all B-Chans and was saved right next to dojo in main game. I had a confirmation window show me what goodies where earned in the DLC at that time (60/100 B-Chans at the time). It was literally from that moment where this issue showed up.

UPDATE: I've renamed the thread title to avoid any potential drama or unnecessary worry.

Last edited:
I was at max level for both attack and endurance. Now I'm at max endurance but level ONE attack :(

I tried sparring in Niaowu martial hall using one of my few non-mastered moves, and even though during sparring the move would "level up" in the bottom corner of the screen, in the results screen my attack wouldn't budge an inch.

I'm pretty annoyed because I really really love this game but I really don't fancy working my way up to max level from scratch again. Even if I could!

Same thing happened to me when I ng+ in bailu, but after going through the fighting scrolls menu and talking to a few characters, it reverted back to Max stats.

I was at max level for both attack and endurance. Now I'm at max endurance but level ONE attack :(

I tried sparring in Niaowu martial hall using one of my few non-mastered moves, and even though during sparring the move would "level up" in the bottom corner of the screen, in the results screen my attack wouldn't budge an inch.

I'm pretty annoyed because I really really love this game but I really don't fancy working my way up to max level from scratch again. Even if I could!
I had same problem. I tried all trainings (horse stance, one inch punch and etc), then tried to level up one of non-master move and created a new save file. Then returned to title screen, loaded a new save file and all stats reverted back.

Now got all rewards in Battle Rally. Went back to main game from save. After confirmation window of the items I'd acquired from DLC I checked my stats and Attack Level 5!!!!!!!

Not sure exactly what I did but sparred in Dojo. Ate food. In/out/in menu. Saved a fresh file. Reloaded same file and it went back to normal.

Not sure what the specifics are to revert the level back. Bizarre... I'm ok myself but that is good luck rather than good judgement...

If your at MAX level it seems your stuck... ????

Hope everyone gets a better fix.

Anyone know what the latest on this is? I'm scared to play the game now :(

Might it be worth putting this thread in the non-spoiler forum so more folk see it?

Ok... So.. two lame but potentially useful fixes: -

1. Save game with 'lowered level' in a 'New Slot' then quit and reload. That worked for me.
2. Level up Attack doing some sparring. Once sparring is finished and the results page is displayed you'll note that the 'lowered' Attack bar does not increase even though you levelled up moves. Once done save and reload. Your efforts will not be wasted and whatever your Attack increased by will be displayed correctly when save is loaded.

Can't explain in technical terms but both of those worked for me. This is on PS4 for clarity.

Always keep your eye on the Kung Fu level on the save file. This always displays correctly. If it ever doesn't your in trouble (sorry for all the technical jargon lol)

This 'bug' is triggered when leaving Battle Rally and immediately loading/continuing a saved game.

Hope you get progress. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back