Recent content by SaM_4000

1. SaM_4000

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I was having a few beers at home the other day, started playing Shenmue Undub Definitive Edition. I was using a stubby holder for my beer and I thought to myself I would love to have a Shenmue stubby holder. I did a quick google search and I couldn't find any. I also realise that I would...
  2. SaM_4000

Martial Arts

I recently binged "The Art of Action" with Scott Adkins on YouTube and it is a must watch for martial arts movie fans. He basically interviews martial arts actors, they talk about their martial arts background, run through scenes in their films etc. It's interesting to hear their stories and...
  3. SaM_4000

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

I can't remember the last time I looked at a review before buying a game. Nowadays reviews don't really matter as much as they did in the past. You generally see enough footage and images of games before you purchase and should be able to decide for yourself whether it looks like a game you...
  4. SaM_4000

Random Shenmue World Thoughts

I didn't think I would enjoy reading about the history of the Shenmue Dojo as much as I did. I first joined the dojo around 2005, but I had been lurking around a year earlier. I can remember being quite nervous and having to build up a bit of courage to join the forum as a young lad. It seemed...
  5. SaM_4000

Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

I just received my copy today, it's absolutely incredible work! I'm loving all the goodies that come with it. Thanks James for responding to my twitter message so quickly, and allowing me the chance to get a copy after I missed the kickstarter. I got home late today; it's been a very long day...
  6. SaM_4000

What TV shows are you watching?

I dug up a post of mine from the olde Shenmuedojo forums, about a kids game show called A*MAZING. Now, this was the greatest kids game show ever in my opinion. I always wanted to be on this show when I were a young fella. Anyway, the clip which I posted on the ye olde forums had quite an...
  7. SaM_4000

What TV shows are you watching?

What blast from the past! I haven't seen Round the Twist in ages, but I'll never forget the theme song "Have you ever, ever felt like this..." . I'll also never forget the episode where Bronson gets help from the water spirit so he can win a pissing competition, and he ends up pissing so high...
  8. SaM_4000

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

I was just talking to the girl in the Tomato mart in the harbour asking where the old warehouse district is, she mentions the guards are always staring at her ass... Kind of took me by surprise!
  9. SaM_4000

Shenmue I & II HD sales data

Yeah SEGA was always huge here, there was even a SEGA World which I was lucky enough to visit a few times back in the day. Really though, apart from arcade machines, it was mainly the Sega Master System and Mega Drive which were popular. Saturn and Dreamcast weren't really all that popular in...
  10. SaM_4000

Streets of Rage 4 announced

I would love to see them make an Alex Kidd game, I think they would be perfect for it. Importantly, their art style would be suit it down to a tee. On SoR4 I have no doubt that the gameplay will be great n' all but once again my main concern is the art style which I believe doesn't suit it...
  11. SaM_4000

Random Gaming Thoughts

That looks so ridiculous that I am actually intrigued enough to want to play it.
  12. SaM_4000

Cobra Kai

I binged watched the hell out of this show! I actually watched the entire series twice, which I hardly ever do with any show. This show is a pure nostalgia trip which has moments where it is extremely cheesy at times, but it's really enjoyable. Being a fan of the original movies, I love that...
  13. SaM_4000

Streets of Rage 4 announced

I saw this announcement on my way to work this morning and got excited. I have just got back from work and have now seen the reveal trailer and my first impressions are: Same developers as Wonderboy III remake! Nice! I am not a fan of the artwork it looks cheap to me. This style may suit...
  14. SaM_4000

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Ok, so that's why I cannot trigger it, I don't have enough cash... Man, you really know your Shenmue(y)
  15. SaM_4000

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Title: Drink sound effect on infinate loop after Ryo drinks can. Platform: Xbox1 Title Version: 1.3.0.0 Reproduction rate: 2 out of 2 tries Category: Japanese voices, english subs. Status: Not Fixed (update with future patch results) Priority: Moderate Reproduction Steps: Go to Bar Yokosuka...
Back