Recent content by sbkodama

1. sbkodama

Random Shenmue: Dragon and Phoenix Thoughts

It's great to see it being made but I wait for npc and gameplay, and what kind of modernization the creators think about. One important example for me will be the camera where I vastly prefer 1&2 (where it control ryo head) over 3 (where it's a standard 3rd person adventure camera).
  2. sbkodama

S1&2 trying to inject upscaled texture...

Hello and thank you. Yes it is the textures environment mod I was talking about, but it don't touch the npc and that's why I would like to inject some upscaled textures for them, but as I said before I don't understand much the tools provided to do it.
  3. sbkodama

S1&2 trying to inject upscaled texture...

Hello, I was looking at what has been done in mods since I checked last time and my favorite is a really nice textures environment mod. Unfortunately the low resolution of the characters really stand out beside the hd scenery so I wanted to at least try an upscale of them. Since I didn't...
  4. sbkodama

Ideally, What Did You Want From The Development of Shenmue III?

It's another lame retcon of shenmue 2, like the new room, new painting, etc. Even the martial hall is because we don't encounter it in your way to the house of shenhua.
  5. sbkodama

Was the english voice acting necessary ?

But not everyone that like shenmue waited 15 years for shenmue 3.
  6. sbkodama

Ideally, What Did You Want From The Development of Shenmue III?

I didn't expect much but still wanted continuity and it disappointed. I don't really care about mini games and level up of kung fu, I wanted an interesting story (including areas and characters development) without retcon (which go beyond the sword). At least the gameplay and the cinematic...
  7. sbkodama

Was the english voice acting necessary ?

Shenmue 2 with japanese dub was enough of a bad experience to me, I won't buy a shenmue without english dub.
  8. sbkodama

Why the story in Shenmue 3 is good/Why the story in Shenmue 3 is bad

My issue with training isn't that it exist, my first issue is the story that don't acknowledge it, where did ryo learned horse stance and one inch punch ? were did he learned that the wooden poles were used to train them ? the story only care about who you beat and being maxed out don't prevent...
  9. sbkodama

Has anybody passed 124 logs?

There is also the "excellent" mention but I don't how much it add.
  10. sbkodama

How they stand still at the end of the cutscene in 3 look so dumb to me. And shortly after you have a walk full of fade to black.
  11. sbkodama

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I thought it was to have a story related fight in the trial demo that would be changed to play pail toss in the full game.
  12. sbkodama

Why I think it isn't a good story come from the retcons, the use of the same trope twice, and the underdeveloped characters.
  13. sbkodama

How to make the combat better in Shenmue 4?

You can't move when you kick and punch so this excuse is a moot point to me. No nostalgie about it, directionals input feel far more logical than only buttons input to me.
  14. sbkodama

Random Gaming Thoughts

I bought soul calibur 6 and it confirm that I became really bad at fighting game.šŸ˜Æ
  15. sbkodama

What Movie Are You Watching?

You should stop about the narrative of "they didn't have what they wanted", or do you think that wanting a trilogy that stay cohesive with itself and past trilogies is too much to ask ? As said in another thread a good movie don't need a good story but a good cinematography, so these movies may...