Recent content by ShenmueFan82

1. ShenmueFan82

Who DIDN'T get it early?

Remember to not waste your carrots. While you're still sleeping in bed, farmers are hard at work in the fields, carefully picking carrots one by one. So how can you waste them like that?
  2. ShenmueFan82

Who DIDN'T get it early?

I have mine pre ordered at Gamestop, and have been wondering if they might release it early, to compete with the digital releases. I've heard rumors that select Gamestop stores are doing that. I haven't called due to the disappointment I'd feel if they said they aren't doing so
  3. ShenmueFan82

Iwao and Lan Di

Looking back, I find myself wishing that we could have seen the beginning of the confrontation between Lan Di and Iwao. When Ryo (and us) get there, Lan Di is already getting impatient with Iwao, demanding the mirror and all. I would have liked to see the start of that conversation. Any thoughts?
  4. ShenmueFan82

Shenmue drinking game

Here's an idea: take a drink (or shot) each time Ryo repeats something that is said to him!
  5. ShenmueFan82

I did it! I pre-ordered Shenmue I & II!

I have my Xbox copy reserved and already paid for, and I'm going tomorrow to reserve 2 PS4 copies, one for my sister and one for my girl. They both have never played the game, and have never even heard of it before I mentioned it to them. They are both interested in checking the game out, and...
  6. ShenmueFan82

How to pass the time

Since I'm becoming more and more impatient having to wait these last 2 weeks. I downloaded Virtua Fighter 2 on my PS3 last night. I figured since I can't play Shenmue yet, I may as well play another Yu Suzuki treasure
  7. ShenmueFan82

Post Your Shenmue Collection

I ordered some stuff from eBay recently, so no pics yet as they are still on the way, but I'll be having the Dragon and Phoenix mirrors, Ryo's jacket, and the closest duffel bag I could find that matches Ryo's.
  8. ShenmueFan82

Bad Endings

Will viewing the bad ending in both games gain an achievement/trophy, do you think?
  9. ShenmueFan82

Your Release Day Plans

I need to check my local Gamestop and ask if they plan on having a midnight release of the game, but I'm not counting on it. As of right now, my plans are to go pick it up as soon as I either wake up or the store opens, whichever comes first. I have to say, the part I'm looking forward to the...
  10. ShenmueFan82

Photo of Father

Sunming Zhao was Lan Di's father, as was confirmed by Yuanda Zhu. My big question is how did Sunming Zhao die? Was he really killed by Iwao? If so, did it have something to do with the Dragon and Phoenix mirrors? Zhu recognized the Phoenix mirror as the same mirror that was once owned by Sunming...
  11. ShenmueFan82

Photo of Father

I'm new here, so not sure if this has been posted before, but.... The photo that Ryo finds in the Hazuki basement, does anyone else believe that the other man is Sunming Zhao? The photo was taken in Bailu Village, and Iwao and Zhao were both known to have trained there together. Thoughts?
  12. ShenmueFan82

Random thoughts and a question on the shenmue series.

Oh, you mean when you are trying to earn money in Kowloon by street fighting? To meet with the Yellow Head scout?
  13. ShenmueFan82

Random thoughts and a question on the shenmue series.

The person you need to meet is Ren, leader of the Heavens in Aberdeen. And no, you did not suck if it took you 40 hours to complete the original game, as it is so expansive and there is so much to do. There are times when I would spend several in-game days just training and spending time at the...
  14. ShenmueFan82

Chapter numbering

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I disagree with stating that the Hong Kong chapter is chapter 3 of the saga, with chapter 2 being the side story on the ship with Chai. My reason for this opinion is the notebook in Shenmue II, it clearly reads: (1) Yokosuka, (2) Hong Kong, (3) Kowloon, and...
  15. ShenmueFan82

The Mirrors

There is also a theory that there are more stone mirrors besides the Dragon and the Phoenix. The writer used the room with the sacred animal keys as a point. He said that there could also be mirrors depicting the Tortoise, the White Tiger, etc
Back