Recent content by shibeouya

1. shibeouya

So how doese shenmue 3 make you feel about the franchise in general

I was originally pessimistic about the future of the franchise based on how the Kickstarter was handled. However the game itself was... decent I think is the term. The world building and characters definitely feel Shenmue. However the story progression is a complete disaster, let's not kid...
  2. shibeouya

[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

Got it, thanks for the details - in that case I think refund is the best option then, thank you for confirming. I will still buy it somewhere else to get those pre-order bonuses, I don't really care about physical bonuses.
  3. shibeouya

[PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW MOD NOTE] Kickstarter Update #114 Survey Resend information and PS4 Region Changes and Refund requests.

I am happy they finally sent out the refund surveys, despite the Steam uncertainty. Still on the fence here about getting a refund - my main gripe still being the pre-order exclusives. I've been a bit out of touch with the campaign lately, but did they ever confirm whether KS backers will get...
  4. shibeouya

Backer exclusive jacket for Ryo looks amazing. Who's going to switch to it ?

That jacket looks really good to be honest - I'll still probably stick to the original one by pure nostalgia, but might try it every now and then.
  5. shibeouya

Kickstarter Update #107 - Reward Progress Report

Finally a good update! I was pleased to see it waking up with some meaty details inside! What has been shown looks great so far, although some details about pre-order bonuses and trial version are still missing, but it's a good start. The backer exclusive jacket does look pretty cool, and it is...
  6. shibeouya

Tomboz's Shenmue Fan Marketing Video Ideas and Coordination

I wish I had the skills to help with videos, but I think this is an excellent idea to garner more hype and positivity and wholly supportive of the effort! If there is need of help for a sentence about why I like Shenmue I can also give one if more is needed.
  7. shibeouya

Shenmue III will be at Gamescom 2019

While i don't personally care about the demo version promised to backers, I sincerely hope they either a) make a demo for backers BEFORE Gamescom and then allow anyone to play it at Gamescom; or b) not have a playable demo at Gamescom. If they do indeed put a playable demo there before giving...
  8. shibeouya

Marketing Shenmue III

Given how long ago the series has started and that probably a significant portion of today's gaming generation has never played these games, I think it's important for marketing to highlight the heritage, how far the series has come and where it is going. What would be cool to illustrate that...
  9. shibeouya

The negativity surrounding Shenmue3

Are we really arguing here that a steelbook with real manufacturing costs is the same as some digital jacket that costs nothing to replicate? Personally I don't care about the retailer exclusive crap, but the in-game items created by the devs I do.
  10. shibeouya

That is correct, and I had selected as such, then changed my mind to PS4, then changed my mind again to PC after they announce refunds. I had asked YS Net in PM and they had confirmed it was still fine to switch again to PC now. To be honest, without them locking the surveys and still saying...
  11. shibeouya

I think you got it reversed. If I get a refund it will actually benefit YS Net. If I get a refund the money comes from Epic (confirmed) so no harm to YS Net, and then once I pre-order it again on PSN YS Net gets the money. Me getting a refund will essentially allow YS Net to have twice the money...
  12. shibeouya

I don't understand this argument. Sure, having pre-order bonuses is a good thing to incentivize people to pay early, I don't think anyone denies that. But the issue is also not giving those bonuses to backers. And it's not like they would make more money since these are, you know, pre-order...
  13. shibeouya

I think the argument that nothing is confirmed yet is a very good point, and it's easy to lose track of that and just get tunnel vision. I also think it's fair game to take whatever info we have right now with a healthy dose of skepticism given the project's recent PR blunders. But honestly if...
  14. shibeouya

I disagree. I'm extremely positive about the game itself, but also extremely negative about the handling of this situation and especially the pre-order stuff. I agree that on the Epic issue they have given a way out and that seems reasonable to me. I can still get people being upset over...
  15. shibeouya

What cancelled game do you still think about?

A couple games come to mind: Fez 2: I loved the original Fez for what it was and was quite happy to see a trailer for the sequel. That was before it got abruptly cancelled by the dev. Over some Twitter bickering. Makes me glad this guy was not in charge of Shenmue lol. I still check from time...
Back