110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sega and 110 collaborating is not possible, right?
They collaborated with Dotemu twice as publishers for Wonder Boy and Street of Rage 4.

So... While it seems to me that 110 and Sega collaborating for Shenmue 4 is low probability, it's not a case of "impossible".

I think 110 Industries + Sega co developing / sponsoring would only make sense
if YS Net would belong to Sega or 110 Industries
or if Sega would for example use RGG Studio to create something together with YS Net.

But Sega co developing a brand new full official Shenmue game with a completely new indie / AA publisher
together with a game studio that doesnt belong to 110 Industries or to Sega?.
I dont think so.

A scenario like 110 Industries developing a Shenmue game with only YS Net
or Sega developing a Shenmue game with D3T or RGG Studio is realistic.
But two separate publishers with completely different sizes and rights
+ a independent developer studio? Not that realistic.

Sega collaborating with 110i on Shenmue IV is a fairly far-fetched idea, but it isn't outside the realm of remote possibility. The success of the anime and the(to my knowledge) sales success of I&II helps the cause

We still have no indication as to why the website thing happened. So there's that.

I'm not sure what they would *do* unless they contribute a bit of publisher funding as well, or perchance allow AM2 to assist YsNet. I don't know.

I think Shenmue IV will be 110i and YsNet only, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony goes for an exclusivity to secure another niche franchise to market for their own benefit.

I think maybe the best case we can hope for concerning a Sega participation is if they lend some of their licenses for Arcade Games and Gashapon, for a price (or a part of the royalties). I could see that happening.

But yeah, I really think that Sega won't be an active component of Shenmue 4 development.

Well, 3 new pages 🤗 this community never lets down. I just readed the last ones so im going backwardo to swim on all previous thoughts. Plase keep on posting insight.
SEGA might bring back this.
i really wish. i remember hearing of thiis shortly after HD release with headlines "SEGA canned Shenmue 1&2 full remakes" and yet they showcased it. One of the most sadistic SEGA moments by far.

SEGA might bring back this.

There is a reason why they decided against this and instead chose to remaster the original games.
Probably because of budget size or too much work of re creating assets.
Whats the point now? Why would they decide that all of a sudden they have the budget
and now lets remake Shenmue 1 and 2 from scratch. This would take years
and then what? We have to wait another 3, 4, 5 years for Segas Shenmue 4?
If the remakes dont sell enough, Sega is gonna cancel Shenmue 4?

All of this official Sega stuff or co funding / developing stuff for a series / IP like Shenmue is too complicated.
They are gonna do one single project at a time and that one single project is going to be the most reasonable one.
And that can only be Shenmue 4 now if you ask me. Everything else falls into the 'why tho?' category.

Not saying that Shenmue 4 is coming 100%, but when it comes to new Shenmue announcements,
i think only Shenmue 4 is realistic. Everything else is kind of pointless and doesnt lead us anywhere.

Last edited:
Shenmue have without a doubt the capacity and potencial to be a universe in expansion like Batman, Star Wars, Metal Gear, etc. Prequels, sequels, spin offs...
This may be unpopular or even treason but I prefer Shenmue closed in 5/6 chapters. Maybe a prequel/sequel with new cast and storyarc.. Im not a big fan of too longstanding exploited series.
I'm still waiting for Shenmue skins in Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, but... We got Yakuza ones. 😔
Downtown Nekketsu is inmoral not having Shenmue skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back