110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we are officially may 3rd (here In Switzerland at least, where 110 is based as well). So announce the game already, please 😭

giphy.webp
Let's game and make bets about if and when they will announce Shenmue 4!

I'm getting a feeling it could be Shenmue III for Xbox One. Quite a few games are released on a different consoles even after years and years.

I'm getting a feeling it could be Shenmue III for Xbox One. Quite a few games are released on a different consoles even after years and years.
I don't think they would tease it as a "big announcement", and I don't know if that's possible, depending on the contract they have with Sony

If they do announce shenmue IV they might off on it until wanted dead releases first because a shenmue announcement might over shadow their own game. It will be a big talking point that people might forget about wanted dead if it does happen.

If they do announce shenmue IV they might off on it until wanted dead releases first because a shenmue announcement might over shadow their own game. It will be a big talking point that people might forget about wanted dead if it does happen.

Depends on how they handle it.

Simply announcing Shenmue 4 but without revealing too much, like a simple 1 minute teaser with the in-game engine (or CGI even), and then say "more news soon", without giving a time frame for those news might attract people to look closely at them and what they have to say and show... So attracting indirectly people into looking at Wanted Dead.

Also, it might be good for their momentum to have a game that attracts people towards them as soon as the other one releases.

I believe that if they announce Shenmue 4 now, they will simply announce the game and won't reveal much more.

Depends on how they handle it.

Simply announcing Shenmue 4 but without revealing too much, like a simple 1 minute teaser with the in-game engine (or CGI even), and then say "more news soon", without giving a time frame for those news might attract people to look closely at them and what they have to say and show... So attracting indirectly people into looking at Wanted Dead.

Also, it might be good for their momentum to have a game that attracts people towards them as soon as the other one releases.

I believe that if they announce Shenmue 4 now, they will simply announce the game and won't reveal much more.
Yeah I was just theorising if they were to do like a big trailer reveal but If it were simply a message with say for example the logo of "IV" coming soon I personally think that would be the route they'd go. I have to admit though wanted: dead does look pretty cool. :) If they are working on a new shenmue game i wonder how they along with yu would make it more mainstream like engines, assets, options etc. Especially if they would want to disregard what 3 used I.e stamina and fight engine after criticisms would love to be a fly on the wall during their possible meetings lol

I don't think they would tease it as a "big announcement", and I don't know if that's possible, depending on the contract they have with Sony
You could be right, who knows what's going on.
If they don't announce Shenmue 4 then it's not like they won't ever. I just hope they give us something like a hint that Shenmue 4 is on the agenda. I know they have given us hints but that doesn't mean it's 100% Shenmue IV.

Well they know that Shenmue fans will ask them about every single tweet until they announce it. Plus they said it would be in a couple of weeks. If it is indeed Shenmue 4 I would guess their announcement will come either on the 4th (tomorrow), next week (to give the announcement of the EA founder joining the board some breathing space) or following the airing of the anime in Japan. I'm 60% certain that this is 100% correct/incorrect. Delete as necessary.

Last edited:
They made an announcment today that Trip Hawkins is joining them. That probably isn't the apple and banana secret but who knows at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back