2021 New Releases: What Are You Excited For?

Favourite title
Shenmue
What 2021 releases are you looking forward to??

Kena: Bridge of Spirits(PS5) - very very interested. Looks epic, one of a kind and like revolutionary artistry. The only title so far this year I cannot wait to experience.

Ghostwire Tokyo(PS5) - interested. I would need to see more of the premise, but it looks promising. Hoping it stays away from horror scare and shock elements and focuses more on story development and making something unique. Not saying it looks identical in any literal way, but it does give off the kind of vibe Mirrors Edge did when it launched in that it was unique, underrated, original and an under appreciated first person game.

Stray(PS5) - interested. Unique and fresh concept. I look forward to seeing more details. Who doesn't like cats? Who doesn't like a cyber-punkish world for a backdrop? As long as it's not taking place in 2077.

Hood:Outlaws & Legends (Xbox Series) - mild interest that is quickly fading. When I first saw the original trailer for this I thought it may be a solid title, but the more I'm seeing the less its holding my interest. If it is in fact a multiplayer only experience I'd automatically pass on it. I was hoping it would have some single player mode as it originally looked like a good quality version of bad games like For Honor or Assassins Creed, but now the more I see of it and the latest trailers I don't really know. I'd love to see a studio make a game that has an AC or For Honor type backdrop that doesn't suck or feel like a cash grab.

Another one I forgot to mention:

Bright Memory Infiite(Xbox Series) interested. I played the version 1 demo and its well worth the $8-$10 to experience it. A completely fresh take on first person shooters, probably the first since the original Far Cry. Very impressive that it was made by one person too.

Kena, Bright Memories infinite, RE 8 Village, Quantum Error and Stray.

Kena and Stray are the most innovative games of the bunch.

Bright Memories and Quantum Error are just FPS but they are still somehow unique. Bright Memories has a nice combat system and it feels more arcade like the more common slow modern day military tactic shooters that are so common place these days. I like the fast action of the game and the different ways to attack enemies. It also impressive that it was just made a a single person

Quantum Error is "just" a Horror FPS but the atmosphere seems to be on spot. It somehow reminds of the old Doom3 and System Shock. I really like the footage that has been shown so far.

Last edited:
Kena, Bright Memories infinite, RE 8 Village, Quntum Error and Stray.

Kena and Stray are the most innovative games of the bunch.

Bright Memories and Quantum Error are just FPS but they are still somehow unique. Bright Memories has a nice combat system and it feels more arcade like the more common slow modern day military tactic shooters that are so common place these days. I like the fast action of the game and the different ways to attack enemies. It also impressive that it was just made a a single person

Quantum Error is "just" a Horror FPS but the atmosphere seems to be on spot. It somehow reminds of the old Doom3 and System Shock. I really like the footage that has been shown so far.

Yeah, Bright Memory Infinite looks very fresh in a genre that's been stale for about 15 years.
Never heard of Quantum Error but it instantly made me think of 1997's Rebel Moon Rising for PC and somewhat Robotica for Sega Saturn for some reason.

I’m not gonna hold my breath for BotW 2, Bayonetta 3, or Metroid Prime 4, but those would be nice. Maybe the new Earth Defense Force with the blocky art style?

Of those I know of so far, really just Skyward Sword HD(as lazy a port as it seems), Nier Replicant remake, and No More Heroes 3. I’m sure there are others I’ve just forgotten about though. And probably more at E3 to be announced.

I’ve been wondering if RE8 should be my first actual RE game. I’ve watched others play the rest to death at this point. Even so, somehow 8 seems even scarier than parts of 7 did.

Looking through my Steam wishlist:

- Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator
- Dead Estate
- Unsouled
- Windjammers 2
- PalmRide
- Miegakure
- SkateBIRD
- Garden Story
- Eastward
- Alchemic Cutie
- Hollow Knight: Silksong

Mundaun and Root Film on PS4.

Other than that, no Western releases, really. Kuro no Kiseki is supposedly coming out this year, but there hasn't even been a Western release for Hajimari no Kiseki yet, so I'm not expecting an English version any time soon.

My steam's wishlist:
FF VII Remake (pc release)
System Shock remake
Martha is dead
Vampire The masquerade Bloodlines 2
Biomutant
In the valley of gods (Firewatch creators)
Idol manager (for my gf, but it actually seems kinda cool)
N1RV Ann-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Emily is Away <3
Nier replicant
Windjammers 2
The Artful Escape
Taxi Simulator
KartRider: Drift
Cyberpunk Bar Sim
NARAKA: BLADEPOINT
Autopsy simulator
Goodbye Volcano High
Stray
ANNO: Mutationem
Graven
Road 96
I am Dictator

Intrepid Izzy FINALLY!!! Looks so sick I'm pretty damn hyped. Senile are the goats with Dreamcast indie

This.... if it comes our in 2021!

1. Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Playstation 5) - Ever since I saw the preview trailer for this game, I have been entranced by its spiritually rich atmosphere. Also, the characters look charming. Kena-Bridge-of-Spirits-1.jpg
  2. Sifu (Playstation 5) - As a fan of Asian warrior culture, I could not pass this one up especially since the martial arts choreography looks so fluid.Sifu.2.jpg
  3. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster (Playstation 4) and V (Nintendo Switch) - I am putting these two together since they are part of the same series. I have always preferred these games over the Persona series due to their darker nature.shin-megami-tensei-3-remastered-key-art-logo.jpgshin-megami-tensei-v-screenshot-004.jpg
  4. Aragami 2 (Playstation 5) - Similar to Sifu, as a fan of Asian warrior culture and shinobi in general, this was a natural pick for me. I am especially ecstatic to know that this game will feature combat instead of pure stealth.Aragami-2-scaled.jpg
  5. Final Fantasy VII Remake Interlude (Playstation 5) - As someone who played the original back in 1997, and loved the remake, I am always up for some more Final Fantasy goodness. final-fantasy-7-remake-i-get-it-starting-screen.jpg
  6. Metroid Prime 4 (Nintendo Switch) - As a fan of the atmospheric vibe of the Prime Trilogy, I am stoked for this game.metroid-prime-4-logo_feature.jpg
  7. Biohazard Village (Playstation 5) - Growing up with the series and enjoying its return to its horror roots in VII, I cannot wait to see what happens to Ethan next. Resident-Evil-Village-Ray-Tracing-AMDHD-scaled.jpg
  8. Ghostwire Tokyo (Playstation 5) - I have never really played many of Shin Mikami's works. However, after watching the preview for this title, I was sold. There is just something so unique and interesting about this title.Screenshot_3-4851.jpg
  9. Lost Soul Aside (Playstation 4) - Coming from an independent developer named Yang Bing, I am thrilled about this title. It combines the aesthetic of Final Fantasy XV with the stylish action of a Devil May Cry title.maxresdefault.jpg
  10. Tales of Arise (Xbox Series S/X and PlayStation 5) - I have never really been a huge fan of the Tales series, but this game looks awesome to me. I like the darker tone, character design, combat, and knowing that UFOTable is working on the animation.Tales-of-Arise-Bandai-Namco.jpg
  11. Shenmue IV - Hey, a man can dream right?
I have other titles I am looking forward to such as Breath of the Wild 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Xuan Yuan Sword VII, etc but this list is long enough as-is.

Last edited:
Doom Eternal Ancient Gods Part 2, Resident Evil 8, Lone Echo 2, FF7 Remake PS5 (I'll be playing the free upgrade of this but I'll probably grab the DLC too), Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, BOTW 2, Horizon 2.

As a fan of the franchise I have to add this game to my wast wanted list

Didn't see another life is strange game coming this year
Same here, the original LiS was my favourite game from last gen. This is being developed by Deck Nine Games who did Before the Storm - which was okay. I've not played LiS2 yet because of the daft decision to leave the last Episode off the physical Edition & put it on a code! I did eventually buy this for £8 earlier this year though and was intending to play it next after I get done with Yakuza 5.

Looks great though, story has a hook and I love interactive narratives in games. I see they've got the physical Editions up online... HOPEFULLY this means that when the game is launched on disc it will have all Episodes on the disc this time! Highly likely as the PS4 version has a PS5 Upgrade and if it left the last episode that would be a technical nightmare. But overall a good trailer and I am certainly excited for this one!

Turns out it will be!:
Square Enix has announced Life is Strange: True Colors, the next chapter in the narrative adventure anthology series. Ditching the series' previous episodic model, the entire story will release in one go for PC, PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Stadia on 10th September.

Last edited:
As a fan of the franchise I have to add this game to my wast wanted list

Didn't see another life is strange game coming this year
This looks really solid! I'll be checking it out. The first Life is Strange was unique and interesting but a bit too slow paced and wasn't overwhelmingly 'must play', so I never finished it. The second one I skipped over as the preview didn't grab me, but this one here looks really good. It looks as if they've mastered the style of message and story telling they tried with the original game. Does anyone know if this will be connected to the first two? Or if you'll need to complete them to understand this one? If it's stand alone I'm in.

Also, any news on if it'll be on Xbox Series? I'd rather pre-order it there than on PS5, nothing showing in the XB store as of now.

Back