PSN
Shrooms
XBL
Grampa Gohan
Steam
(BANGS) BASS wub wub
Dreamcast Now
Kodama
We are now about 4 months away from release. 4. Months. I can't believe it, the shock is finally starting to settle in and hitting me way harder than I ever imagined...

Ryo starts his journey on November 29th. Assuming you can't transfer your save, you're not getting to Guilin until March. Our upcoming journey is now shorter than Ryo's so far. Let that sink in...

Anyways I got nothing just really excited...

Wait until August gets here man. I've said it many times and I'll say it again. I dont know how Im going to act when I actually start playing the game. Every new trailer/screenshot I see puts me in a strong emotional state of nirvana that I cant describe in words. Like.. this is really Shenmue 3!

Im going to get the physical copy, but Im also preordering digital so I can play the game at midnight. I want to play this game the very second Im able to play it. I owe my life to this series and Im not exaggerating when I say that.

I think I can speak for a lot of people, this is 18 years of pent up anticipation for this very moment. I dont know what my reaction will be, but I know that I will be overwhelmed with a strong sense of emotion, happiness and appreciation that ive never felt in my entire life.

Im going to get the physical copy, but Im also preordering digital so I can play the game at midnight. I want to play this game the very second Im able to play it. I owe my life to this series and Im not exaggerating when I say that.
I feel like this is so true for so many of us. It's amazing honestly how that works out...

Post adds nothing to the discussion (Shitposting)
4 months to go it could be on ps5 maybe the developers are dizzy

Hope it won't be an PS5. That would just maximize the negative backlash the game got from graphics nerds. They see the game not as a worthy ps4 title graphically. Releasing the game on more powerful plattform than the ps4 would just increase the negative perception . Shenmue 4 should be on a next gen console but not 3. The place off 3 is in this current gen.

It won't be on PS5, at least not in the traditional port/remaster sense. There's no point with the PS5 being fully backwards compatible with PS4 titles and enhancing them the way it will.

Average people aren't going to give two cranks about the graphics. The funny thing is even on the WORST footage, the like to dislike ratio overwhelmingly favors the likes. The internet's just full of bitter trolls.

You'd also think Shenmue 1 and 2 are two of the worst games that exist if you went by all the negative takes on Resetera/GAF/etc., yet you check out most reviews and user reviews and those are also almost overwhelmingly positive.

Negative people just suck & like to let everyone know how much they suck.

Average people aren't going to give two cranks about the graphics. The funny thing is even on the WORST footage, the like to dislike ratio overwhelmingly favors the likes. The internet's just full of bitter trolls.

You'd also think Shenmue 1 and 2 are two of the worst games that exist if you went by all the negative takes on Resetera/GAF/etc., yet you check out most reviews and user reviews and those are also almost overwhelmingly positive.

Good point. Although I will be critical because I'm a hardcore fan of the series, I'm quite pleased with what I saw so far. For what it's worth, I'd play the E3 2015 build from start to finish if that's the best Shenmue III we could get and not complain at all.

We are now about 4 months away from release. 4. Months. I can't believe it, the shock is finally starting to settle in and hitting me way harder than I ever imagined...

Ryo starts his journey on November 29th. Assuming you can't transfer your save, you're not getting to Guilin until March. Our upcoming journey is now shorter than Ryo's so far. Let that sink in...

Anyways I got nothing just really excited...
So amazed I am right now 4 damm 4 months wow ?❤ we was never sooo close like now

Wait until August gets here man. I've said it many times and I'll say it again. I dont know how Im going to act when I actually start playing the game. Every new trailer/screenshot I see puts me in a strong emotional state of nirvana that I cant describe in words. Like.. this is really Shenmue 3!

I think I can speak for a lot of people, this is 18 years of pent up anticipation for this very moment. I dont know what my reaction will be, but I know that I will be overwhelmed with a strong sense of emotion, happiness and appreciation that ive never felt in my entire life.
1000 % agree Im being a bit afraid somehow that I could fall from my couch and being knocked out a bit or something like that.

Yes we all knows it negative talking gives more clicks more views for jerks like that ,clickbait of course...I see so much idiots out there if somebody spoke bad about shenmue or other games or movies ect....the most people that hate a francise they don't have any Idea what they are talking ..It makes no sences What they say,Then I think some or most of them youtubers are really even more dead then a zombie at the walking dead.... Really no brain at all...well some are funny but well...Im sure to be stupid today in the world Is a cool thing ( hashtag # Im dumb n don't know what I am talking about but Im on youtube I be sooo funny hi ha ?) as a Quate what at least thinking a half of them people that makes some stupid comments there on youtube

Last edited:
It is hard to believe that from about 4 years of waiting we have just 4 months of waiting. I hope the Dojo will not down on Release-Day or when the first backers got their copies of the game. I want to see and read all the comments from beginning on.;) I will wait when my copies arrived me. Maybe i could purchase the digital version on steam but the physical copies could be useless then. I waited more than 4 years, since 2002, on this day Yu announced Shenmue 3, i can still wait a couple of days more to have the physical copies. It will be hard of course.

Yeah I completely get you! My only bad habit in this development process is every time I see a new screen shot I tend to dissect it and over think on how it could be better. But then I just relax and think .... wait it is only a screenshot, it's not in motion and it's not even final. Yu is at the helm and he isn't going to release anything half arsed, relax FRASIER.

I feel ya man, I still can’t get over this surreal feeling. To think that love and determination is what saved this franchise from oblivion. Never have I seen such a determined fan base like the Shenmue fan base I mean who else would wait seventeen years for a game. To have that level of devotion is a testament that even with modern technology surpassing the first two games or that Ryu ga Gotoku has replaced Shenmue in some gamers eyes with how powerful of an experience Shenmue was.

We brought a franchise back from the dead for better or worse we brought Shenmue 1 & 2 out of the Dreamcast era all due to our devotion. All of that is the stuff of legends but we can’t rest yet we have to make the third game a success or fail trying. After all we’ve done this last step should be a cakewalk compared to what happened before. After all we’ve achieved a few nitpicks by critics won’t deter us; a few insults and shit talk about the game is nothing compared to the seventeen years of isolation, love, and devotion Shenmue fans have.

After all we’ve achieved a few nitpicks by critics won’t deter us; a few insults and shit talk about the game is nothing compared to the seventeen years of isolation, love, and devotion Shenmue fans have.
I've never understood those who get their panties in a twist over a little criticism and trolling. Those people are fragile af... not the kind of strong willed people we need in this community!

I've never understood those who get their panties in a twist over a little criticism and trolling. Those people are fragile af... not the kind of strong willed people we need in this community!

Yea being on your last warning around these parts, I would seriously reconsider endorsing a little trolling, as well as branding people fragile as fuck.

Yea being on your last warning around these parts, I would seriously reconsider endorsing a little trolling, as well as branding people fragile as fuck.
Fair enough, except for the whole "endorsing trolling" thing... you gotta admit that's a bit of a stretch even for you guys...

I was just trying to get the point across that such things shouldn't deter us or anyone else from... anything really. It was supposed to be a positive message of strength in our community rather than focusing on "this guy said that OH NO!" mentality we see not just here, but generally in western culture. No matter what your goal is, criticism and trolling should be irrelevant, not even a factor. I wasn't trying to be negative and put anyone down. If anyone here has trouble dealing with criticism or trolling, I'd be glad to offer my services as a qualified certified licensed and insured bootstrap elevation consultant via PM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back