A personal trick that I use to get most of Ryo's moves up to moderate along with some money. (Disc 2 of Shenmue I)

That Guy.

More like "AnotherUser"
This only works for disc two, but I think that others know about it. What I personally do is just keep failing the flashlight QTE as in let it drop to the ground, and I let a whole month pass (I do something else in the meantime when this is going). Once you do that, you'll get a good amount of money (roughly around 15000 yen or more) plus most of Ryo's moves will be at moderate by then depending on how much you trained them thanks to the fact that moves slightly go up every time Ryo goes to bed at night. Just to let those know for those who never though of trying it.

I know about the money and timeskip, but never realized that training goes up as well; that is SUPER handy and I find that the moves train more on Disc 1 than at any other time.

When you focus on a move type or specific move, it goes up a tiny little bit more, too. Pretty much keep it on Throws throughout the game, and on all throws when during the flashlight fail and getting caught on purpose during the sneaking.

That is true. Good way to get your throws up if you set training to be focused on throws since training throws in this game is not easy due to lack of sparring or any other way to train them. The only main single gripe I had about I and II to a certain extent (sort of of fixed with street fights) was the lack of training and sparring partners. At least three will address this in a much bigger way with dojo fights.

If you don't want to miss the Christmas and New Year's season then you can skip at least up until the end of the month at the very least if you want to and still get some good results. Just don't take too long to get to disc 2 during December.

I swear I tried this before and it did give me my money daily but not the moves, they did not increase

Back