Amazon Shipping Delay

Yeah, I was thinking of trying to pick up a copy from Walmart too, but it was only available online from third-party marketplace-like sellers. I happened to stop by one last night and didn't see any in store either.

Np. Just Fyi, unless there's one really close to you, you may want to call to make sure they have it at whatever location you intend to go to. I just did I quick search on the Canadian wal MART site to see if store stock or pickup is available and my search generated this:

View attachment 663
Yup, that was my same search as well. My manager leaves in a bit (today is my long day) so I'll give them call soon to ask.

Though, they're pretty useless when it comes to product knowledge lol.

Eb games in USA all turned to Gamestop. Once thing I did notice is the attitude of those at eb game reminded me of the assholes at Funcoland back in the day (which I will not get in to here). But then I wonder what they did to you in the first lace because if they have it for sale you can get your copy all you have to do is let go of whatever bad experience you had with them. It is better than waiting for Amazon to ship the product if eb games has it you can cancel the one on Amazon :D.

I absolutely get it and I've contemplated that lol.

Basically, when I got my DC in late 2005, I went to all but 1 of the EBs in the GTA and north (which at the time, was 5 of them), as many in the States still had some leftover stock from the DC days. I was told to leave, every time, when I inquired if they had anything. One time I was even walked out.

When I told some friends about it, one of my buddies tried it as well, he was walked out too.

Just bizarre behavior from a business establishment and, until 2012 when I was exclusively a retro gamer (still am 95% lol), I never needed anything from EB so I just let it be, as I wouldn't buy anything from them anyways.

I'll give them a call too.

Eb games in USA all turned to Gamestop. Once thing I did notice is the attitude of those at eb game reminded me of the assholes at Funcoland back in the day (which I will not get in to here). But then I wonder what they did to you in the first lace because if they have it for sale you can get your copy all you have to do is let go of whatever bad experience you had with them. It is better than waiting for Amazon to ship the product if eb games has it you can cancel the one on Amazon :D.

Omg Funcoland! I totally forgot about them.

Oh man it seems they really underestimated the demand for this game, wich honestly wouldn't surprise me too much.
I seem to remember that Cedric said that physical copies were quite limited. So people would need to be fast if they wanted one. But I also think that they underestimated the demand a bit.

Sadly I think the same will happen to me. It says arriving tomorrow by 8pm. But still not dispatched. Had this before with an item that Had run out of stock. Very angry and absolute Last time i pre order off Amazon .
I got the exact same message but it said "Dispatched". When I looked up the current location, I saw that Amazon have a distribution center there. So yeah, it has probably been moved around within the building or something ;)

I know I'm whining, what's another two weeks really, but this new fever for everything Shenmue has also brought back the impatience of our teenage selves. L.o.l. (I'm too old to be lol'ing but feck it)
True, it's not a huge problem in itself but still annoying when you expect a certain delivery date. Especially if you have a busy schedule. I just had to start working on a new project and after that I need to travel a while. So it could take a few weeks before I can really start the game.

I seem to remember that Cedric said that physical copies were quite limited. So people would need to be fast if they wanted one. But I also think that they underestimated the demand a bit.

I got the exact same message but it said "Dispatched". When I looked up the current location, I saw that Amazon have a distribution center there. So yeah, it has probably been moved around within the building or something ;)

True, it's not a huge problem in itself but still annoying when you expect a certain delivery date. Especially if you have a busy schedule. I just had to start working on a new project and after that I need to travel a while. So it could take a few weeks before I can really start the game.

They should make more copies of the game they are underestimating new fan sales and fans in general. I pre-ordered a few copies and all came yesterday. I think there are stock issues because of the supply and demand for the game just like you two do. They should not create a limited supply of copies and keep production going on until it is enough. people have friends and family they want to supply with the game. They really did underestimate this release. :eek:

Is there a way to see how many copies have been sold so far ? Just curious.

Well i'm from the UK and every argos within 4 mile radius Sold out . my local game shop6 ps4 copies left 2 xbox one . Amazon UK well we know all about that. I'm surprised TBH we need sega for shenmue 4 i feel. Number 7 on ps4 best sellers only RDR2 and spiderman above it .The rest are none games . 25th on xbox one best sellers climbed from 40th. combined best sellers its 10th.Adam koralik said on twitter his local best buy Had Sold out aswell.

It's certainly not going to be a poor sales. my heart says over 500.000 my head says 330.000. Depends on how many shenmue fans bought multiple copies. I have one will buy another 2 .

well it is number 26th currently on Amazon US and still in stock too. Yet there were stock issue's with Amazon or the Amazon warehouses closest to the states where people ordered the game. It makes no sense unless they were overwhelmed in the US with shipping or they are making sure they get ever pre-order through before looking at the remaining stock they have at Amazon. Is there anyone in the US who still having trouble getting their pre-order of the game? like delayed to a week or month or whatever.

Congratulations! So did you get your copy of the game today? :)

Indeed I did. Annoying that a woman traded in about 30 DS and PS3 games, plus a PS3 slim (it was blue, maybe a special edition?) right in front of me, so I had to wait in line for about 15 minutes...

But yeah, got home, booted it up, downloaded/copied both titles/patches/etc., then watched the opening cutscene.

First time in Japanese lol. All is well in the world! :)

Haha too late now but I would've suggested to buy the copy from EB games and open that. Then when the copy from Amazon comes return the unopened Amazon one back to EB games with your EB receipt so that you could still stick it to them.

I wish I had a brain like yours lol.

Still nothing, still no dispatch, and they took my money so if it's not here by tomorrow I'll have to complain to someone. Gah.

And there I got a msg saying that the game will be delivered NEXT Thursday, 30th. So tmr I'll buy and download a digi copy. Wont preorder a game from Amazon again.

That's what I said yesterday at EB lol.

They're good for regular, in-stock things, but never pre-ordering again.

I had luck pre-ordering I guess. I have several things pre-ordered.. I wonder when my luck will run out. Then again like you said regular things or thing that are in stock they have no problem with. But for pre-order on products that is when things in iffy.

I think there are stock issues because of the supply and demand for the game just like you two do. ... They really did underestimate this release. :eek:
They probably assumed that the physical version would sell ok but not like this. You mentioned Amazon being overwhelmed in the US. In our case it's in Europe so it seems to be somewhat of a general thing.

And there I got a msg saying that the game will be delivered NEXT Thursday, 30th. So tmr I'll buy and download a digi copy. Wont preorder a game from Amazon again.
Damn, that sucks. I finally received my copy today but didn't expect it to be honest due to previous order problems. If it hadn't arrived on Friday I would have also bought the Steam version instead.

Back