Any musical instruments you wish you can master...?

I actually bought an erhu from china like 2 or 3 years ago, just want to play the Shenmue and shenhua themes.
I played many instruments, piano, violin, bass, drums, cello, but the only one that I play proficiently is guitar.
Maybe I'll try to do an erhu cover before Shenmue III launches (don't even know where I have the erhu).

exclusively because of Shenmue I always wanted to learn the Chinese fiddle,but there was no point because I suck really bad at music :(

wrong part of my right side of the brain. Excel in photography and fiction and scultping, but no to music :/

I actually bought an erhu from china like 2 or 3 years ago, just want to play the Shenmue and shenhua themes.
exclusively because of Shenmue I always wanted to learn the Chinese fiddle
It seems like all of us want to learn the erhu. :D

Thanks to Shenmue i learned to play the piano and musical notation (i played the guitar about 5 years without it, only tabs).

Drums. I got pretty decent at Rock Band drums on Hard and Expert and always wondered "could I make the transition to real drums some day?"

As in, could the hundreds of hours I pumped into Rock Band drumming and learning basic fundamentals actually transition over to real world drumming? (probably not; but would be fascinating to find out)

I would really like to master the Chinese Fiddle or Erhu because since I began playing Shenmue it became favourite musical instrument. But it seems really hard to master and honestly I think I wouldn't have much time to practice.

One of my favourite musical artists is Jia Peng Fang; he performed in both Shenmue 1 & 2.

One of my favourite Musical Youtube Channels is called Erhu Fantasy.

The Performer even made a Cover of Shenmue's Sedge Flower after I posted a comment on one of his vídeos telling him
that Shenmue was the reason why the Chinese Fiddle became my favourite musical instrument and that Sedge Flower was my favourite track in the series.

Last edited:
I don’t have a musical bone in my body but I really like the harp.

Thing is, it was hard enough to convince myself to spend all the money that I have on a tablet and art program when that seems to be where I’m more talented. Have heard of far cheaper harps but they are also much more limited, and I’m uncertain whether I’d get bored too soon or not get a clear indication of whether I should do more.

At the very least, I used to dabble in Anvil Studio I think it was many, many years ago, and lately I’ve been testing out this BeepBox website for my game project. Maybe this way I can get some theory down.

Last edited:
I could definitely get better, but I can basically do what I'm aiming for on guitar, so I wish I could master a DAW to be able to properly record stuff and make it sound polished.

Back