Ask the Person Below you a Question?

I see myself as someone who is not easily inspired or influenced but there are a few I can relate to.

1 - A friend I met at work. Though we don't speak now and she annoyingly never turned up to my wedding (could have invited someone else instead), she's a big part of where I am now. We met when I was working in retail and at university. I was inspired by the fact she was not much older than me, owned a house and had £20,000 in her bank account (I had £2,000 and thought I was the richest person on the planet). She could play the piano, produce music, sing, write poetry, help youths and was just such a massive inspiration for me to work hard. Before then, I would just work the bare minimum and never put much effort into anything. Randomly she she pulled out some receipt printing paper and wrote some inspiring words on it. This must have been 10-11 years ago and I still have the paper today.

2 - A friend I met at my first professional job. He is the person I mentioned in my top Losing a Friend. Before I met him, I had no one to really go out with, never knew how to order drinks at a bar and was lacking in so much confidence all round. He mentored me and I got promoted and progressed with my career to a point I got paid more than him. We haven't spoke in almost a year however.

3 - My wife. Met her around the same time I met the person above. She has changed and improved me as a person. Confidence etc. but my insecurities have all gone away and I am far less a prick than I was before.

Q - Have you ever stole anything?

I'm no serial thief but there are a few things that I have got away with. I remember having Halo 2 on the original Xbox but the disc got scratched to a point I could not play it. I also wanted to buy the Halo 2 headset and they were both around the same price. So, what I did was go into the game store and asked them if they had the headset. I pretended to be in limbo about whether I wanted the headset or Halo 2. I ended up getting Halo 2, went round the corner, swapped the disc out, waited 5 minutes and came back and said I changed my mind and wanted the headset. Because of the all the back and forth before, they didn't even check the disc and just swapped the game for the headset. Two for the price of one!

Haha!

I absolutely despise hockey, so I will NEVER play a hockey game, post-NHL 2000.

I only own the Yakuza titles (and spinoffs) for ANYTHING post-2005, save for Carmageddon: Reincarnation and Max Damage.

I propose a 1V1 in Age of Empires or Total Annihilation for the PC!

Haha!

I only own the Yakuza titles (and spinoffs) for ANYTHING post-2005, save for Carmageddon: Reincarnation and Max Damage.

I propose a 1V1 in Age of Empires or Total Annihilation for the PC!
Age of Empires.. Oh the memories. Back in the day we would have a few friends come over and we'll stitch together all these old PC and laptops. One was a Time computer (anyone in the UK remember the brand?) and it was this giant tower and big ass monitor. Anyway, start playing in the morning and before we knew it, it would be 1am the follow morning. We would always reach these stalemates where we would have these giant cities, littered with farms producing food so we could sell as all of the map resources were exhausted.

I'll answer both. Don't eat during gaming or before without rinsing hands of any the oils they cause. I'm a mint neat freak for my consoles. X-Files, though, usually some sort of ice cream bar/sandwich at the beginning. Usually devoured before the opening sequence. Occasionally tortilla chips if I'm in a salt/savory mood. Otherwise, don't really eat while watching, either. Perhaps lunch/breakfast during condensed game NHL highlights, or dinner at a bar during a Blackhawks game, but not necessarily any pavlovian responses provoked by them like X-Files haha.

Never stolen anything, even a candy bar from the conveniencence store. Punishment isn't worth the crime if unlucky enough to be caught red handed.

Haha!

You're missing out on NHL 2K2 or 2K3 if you fancy yankee TSN presentation--best hockey game(s) ever, no exaggeration. NHL 98 is an absolute classic on every platform: Genesis/SNES, Saturn/Playstation and PC. NHL 2000 is definitely great, but I feel overrated slightly. Despite being the antithesis of you as a hockey obsessed American who hates football (See: USA's version of sport religion) and skated since 6 years; haven't bought or played anything since 2K5..

How did you come to be living in your current area?

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot I own NHL 2K2! Its awesome, but I never play it! lol

A: I was born and raised in the Greater Toronto Area, lived just north of the city for over 20 years, went to Calgary for 1 year, 7 months, then came back to Maple (the aforementioned, "just north of the city)," in July 2017 and have remained here since.

My wife and I are looking to move even more north this year, as we purchase our first home.

So yeah, I just moved where my family and then work, took me!

To elaborate on the hockey thing, I fiercely love my country (Canada), my heritage (Italian) and my favourite place outside of Toronto (Japan) and try to promote them to everyone, I just have quirky tastes and likes dislikes.

But hockey is rammed down our throats here and I find it so horribly boring and non-strategic, in comparison to baseball and football (not as much though), that I can't stand it.

When the lockout happened and the WHA was trying to be brought back, they had that stupid, "WHA Draft if this ever takes off," and Bobby Hull announced that the first pick was Simon Gagne... he looked around and then a bunch of awkward applause broke out.

This was a 5 minute timeslot on SportsCentre, on TSN. Are. You. *******. Kidding. Me?

Meanwhile, the Jays were on like a 7 game win streak and it was a great year. Just stupid.

Soccer is worse still lol and I'm even fully Italian by heritage! God, I can't bear that damn sport.

Q: What is the best gaming deal you ever got?

A. Within a month of its release, I scored a used copy of Phantasy Star Online for $3 because, purportedly, "the disk's internet didn't work." The person simply didn't know how to use Dreamcast dial-up: the online portion worked just fine, and I put in dozens if not hundreds of hours on that bad boy.

Q. How would you characterize your general sense of fashion: practical, comfort, style, etc.?

A: At home comfort all the way, pajamas on, bra off, whambamthenkyoumam. At work more style, obviously bra on, dress or blouse with skirt, I even have a set of "indoor shoes" in my office because let's face it in Norway we walk around outdoors in winter dressed like some michelinman. Not practical but warm, doesn't suit office meetings.

Q: Early riser or night owl? Keep in mind that old saying "early bird gets the worm ... but second mouse gets the cheese".

A: At home comfort all the way, pajamas on, bra off, whambamthenkyoumam. At work more style, obviously bra on, dress or blouse with skirt, I even have a set of "indoor shoes" in my office because let's face it in Norway we walk around outdoors in winter dressed like some michelinman. Not practical but warm, doesn't suit office meetings.

Q: Early riser or night owl? Keep in mind that old saying "early bird gets the worm ... but second mouse gets the cheese".

A: I get the cheeeese.

Q: Favorite place you traveled to for vacation?

A: I have a real soft spot for Orlando. Maybe that just speaks to the kid in me, I dunno. Failing that, San Francisco left a really good impression on me. California in general for that matter. At the moment I'd say that those two are my top. I'd leave to see certain places in europe that I've not yet had the chance to visit though.

Q: Do you prefer fantasy or science fiction?

A: Nor fantasy, nor sci-fi in a common sense. Going with the classical stuff that shaped our world from ancient Greece until today. From the old heroes in greece plays trying to fight against their fate, moving to the italian idea of putting importance back on human self, spanish passion for life and women, not going past the french ideas how important reasonig is for us in many memorable comedies, to the british warnings what human nature is capable of, never forgeting the fear in german works of loosing their country, to finaly learn that changing things and people around us is possible but with an unknown cost for our russian protagonists.

Q: Favorite type of tea?

A: Blasphemy to any English person reading this, but just Iced Sweet Tea.
Q: If you got stranded deep in the forest, with your current survival skills and fitness how long would you make it?

A: Blasphemy to any English person reading this, but just Iced Sweet Tea.
Q: If you got stranded deep in the forest, with your current survival skills and fitness how long would you make it?

A: 5 seconds

Q: What’s your favourite animal?

Favorite animal, deer. They're very beautiful and majestic to me.

Perhaps the toughest choice beside choosing between Shenmue or Shenmue 2:

MGS1, 2 or 3?

To elaborate on the hockey thing, I fiercely love my country (Canada), my heritage (Italian) and my favourite place outside of Toronto (Japan) and try to promote them to everyone, I just have quirky tastes and likes dislikes.

But hockey is rammed down our throats here and I find it so horribly boring and non-strategic, in comparison to baseball and football (not as much though), that I can't stand it.

Funny, ditto on everything but swap the sport names around haha. ESPN never shows anything hockey no matter what here and always absolutely anything whatsoever about football. Blackhawks mini dynasty was a fun ride and definitely a spoil for beginning to play/wastch them right after their last good run in '95 til 2008. Must be forced upon you especially in Toronto and doube or triple now with Mathews and Tavares. Should've stayed in Calgary, I hear Alberta media at least shows slightly more class and sanity than Montreal or any of Ontario :p

Q: If you could be choose to be born in any decade other than the one you were originally born in and still retained all your family and friends, which would it be?

Q: If you could be choose to be born in any decade other than the one you were originally born in and still retained all your family and friends, which would it be?

A: I wouldn't want to go backwards. Maybe sometime deep in the future e.g. the year 3000. I'd be curious to see how far science and technology has come and just how advanced the world looks.

Also Shenmue 4 & 5 would have already been released by then so I could play those games straight after I pop out the womb on my PlayStation 27 without any pesky waiting around.

Q: Are you afraid of spiders? (I've been known to climb tables)

Back