Backer password not working

Willom

A Superstar Rock
Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Various
When I enter the 5 digit password it says no epic games product code has been entered. Anyone else?

Edit: discovered I'm actually retarded. The code I was trying to use is the one to find your name in the credits.

Last edited:
So I've tried verifying, uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling again, and reinstalling on a different hard drive. Nothing works. So glad they chose EGS as the platform, I've never seen this problem on Steam.

My options are I can play the game now without my DLC and probably not get to enjoy it this playthrough or I can wait. This is not how a backer should feel on launch day.

I have the exact same problem. Have been thinking about it all day at work. Someone on Reddit mentioned looking at your transactions via Epic's website to ensure its on your account. I've been unable to check via work internet and mobile site not showing transactions. Plan to look when I'm home from work.

Same.

EDIT: nvm I'm a dummy and Willom was right, the code is actually meant to be used under Credits > Backer Credits where it will prompt you for the code.

Last edited:
I sent a support ticket to EGS, and they've gotten back in touch with me though just to confirm contact info, I'll post if they work it out. Also sent an email to Fangamer just in case it's on their end.

Same.

EDIT: nvm I'm a dummy and Willom was right, the code is actually meant to be used under Credits > Backer Credits where it will prompt you for the code.
If you enter a different code it doesn't give the 'Redeem DLC in Epic Store' message. I think it works for both, but the backer DLC hasn't activated in the Epic Launcher for some people.

Am I supposed to have in my inventory the International Telephone Card when starting the game?

I'm a backer of the printed artbook tier, but I can't find the international telephone card. I have 20 cupons for toy capsules and a fist technique scroll.

I activated my 5 digits backer password in the main menu and in the ingame menu, but I can't find it :/

I think there may be two issues at play. For some people the DLC isn't downloading hence the error message when inputting a code, and I also think the way Fangamer and YS distributed the backer DLC is wrong, I think they only gave people the tier they backed not giving the lower tiers to higher backers. Could be wrong but that's my current assessment.

I'm still just trying to get anything from the additional items I was supposed to get.

The only thing that I can tell that I received was the capsule toys. No phone card. I reentered the DLC code, but the Epic Game Store says it was redeemed, but it didn't appear as a second download. The backer code works for the credits and it said it gave me the capsule toys when I started the game, but that is it. No Kickstarter jacket, no phone card, etc.

Same issue here, won't let me use my backer code

Ys Net asked for some screenshots so I sent them. I think @Vasid is right that the DLC codes incorrectly do not give the lower tier stuff to higher tier backers.

I've not heard anyone having this issue via Playstation. I've emailed ysnet and included screenshots of this issue in hopes to get it resolved. I'll reply back when I know more. Hoping to get this resolved soon.

I have the same problem with the in-game password, it does not work. I have redeemed the DLC and I have the backer-only scroll and jacket but no sign of the telephone card

In my case, I only used the key for the DLC and not the one for the game because I bought in Epic Store the Deluxe Edition of the game months ago, and now it does not allow me to redeem the key because I already own the game. I do not know if this could be related to the in-game password problem

Back