Backer question: wich physical version did you choose?

Wich version did you choose?

• PS4

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Steam

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Both

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
I struggled a lot because these backer versions will surely have a different artwork or maybe a mention of it being "backer edition".
After a lot of thinking I chose PC version because consoles change compatibility between different generations, that (mostly) doesn't happen with PC.
What did you took into consideration?

Quite simply ps4 for me.

I don't own a gaming pc so it's the only choice I had.

I've also got a ps4 digital copy as well in case I don't want to open the kickstarter edition.

I think I got the PS4 version. I'll be gettin rid of it anyway as I'll be buying it on Steam n don't have a PlayStation to begin with. I've grown to loathe physical copies over the years.

I got 2 from the Kickstarter and 2 from the Slacker Backer to have 1 PS4 and 1 PC of each - noticed that the slacker backer ones were worded "Exclusive Slacker Backer case", so hoping that the Kickstarter and the Slacker Backer cases will be different aswell.

I ordered a PS4 copy with my Collectors Edition, which I may keep sealed. I also bought spare copies 1 for PS4 & PC - But I will be experinecing Shenmue III on PS4 with certainty.

Steam Physical. My system still runs most games maxed out at 1080p. Running an i5 3570k overclocked with corsair h50 liquid cooling 16 gigs of ram, ssd drive, and a evga 1060 gtx with 6 gig vram.

Both. :giggle:
Edit: Slacker Backer Edition

Last edited:
PS4, even though I didn’t own one at the time (I do now though). My PC is ancient, and my budget won’t stretch to being able to buy a gaming PC that could handle Shenmue 3 for quite some time.

I backed physical PS4 in the KickStarter and I will be backing the physical PC version by the end of the month in the slacker backer.

PS4 and PC...one for the Pro...the other for you never know...

Went for the Physical PS4, but I will be picking up more, and most likely a digital release for the PS4 too.

PS4 physical version. When the game releases I'm going to buy digital and a few physical copy

Both. PS4 version from kickstarter and PC version from slacker. I'm not sure if they're gonna be any different considering they threw around the word "exclusive" for the kickstarter, but it doesn't really matter in the end...

Both. PS4 version from kickstarter and PC version from slacker. I'm not sure if they're gonna be any different considering they threw around the word "exclusive" for the kickstarter, but it doesn't really matter in the end...
But from a collector perspective it matters.

I Upped my Pledge from the Original Kickstarter with the Artbook Bundle when Fangamer had the Survey - Does this mean my Upped Collector's Edition will not have the kickstarter Benefit and be themed as a Slacker CE?

Back