Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
PSN
Inkerlink
XBL
Inkerlink
Steam
Inkerlink
Just thought I'd get a thread going about the music in the trial. What do you guys think of the music?
So far my favourite track is the Bailu Village Night music.
I recorded it for your hearing pleasure:

It's fan-fucking-tastic and every bit as good as the music in the first two games. The music in the field at the very beginning in particular is just perfect.

It's fan-fucking-tastic and every bit as good as the music in the first two games. The music in the field at the very beginning in particular is just perfect.
Yeah, I definitely agree! The new music is living up to the other games so far in my opinion.
The ONLY thing that sort of bothered me about the trial music, is the recycling of old tracks. Like using the music that elderly couple play at the beginning of Shenmue II as the main Day Theme for Bailu Village was kinda disappointing for me, especially since the Night theme is original and sounds amazingggggg.

The ONLY thing that sort of bothered me about the trial music, is the recycling of old tracks. Like using the music that elderly couple play at the beginning of Shenmue II as the main Day Theme for Bailu Village was kinda disappointing for me, especially since the Night theme is original and sounds amazingggggg.

At first it was great to hear a familiar tune, but as I thought about it more I tend to agree. Fans no doubt will associate old or reused music to its original use and while that can be fine for mini-games or turtle racing I think big tracks like day theme should be markedly different.

yeah, with some songs you will remember other places in the past, but the soundtrack is amazing.

Last edited:
I really like the music when you wood chop at night (before you go beast mode and afterburner kicks in) and the fights against the tigers at martial hall is wonderful

Frankly a lot of my enjoyment from these games comes from the music so it's reassuring based on how good the tracks in the demo are :)

Yeah, I definitely agree! The new music is living up to the other games so far in my opinion.
I agree. I’m very nervous about the ratio of old and new tracks. I guess some old tracks will be used due to budget considerations.... but I’m praying that the old tracks comprise no more than 1/3rd of the total Shenmue 3 soundtrack. I can live with that ratio... but the greatest thing about Shenmue is the music. How epic was disc 4 of Shenmue 2 with a new glorious track every single scene? To get to Bailu and then hear an old track is a bit.. well... like I say if the soundtrack is at least 2/3rds new I’ll be happy.

Back