Shenmue II
Currently playing
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Sega CD) & Shenmue
PSN
G'G' Bresler (G_G_official)
Steam
Glow162 (G.G.)
Hey all,

The Big Merry Cruise DLC is straight up not working for me.

After downloading the DLC, I started a new game in Shenmue 3.

I'm pretty well into the Niawu part of the story, and I noticed that I never saw the cruise ship.

So I looked online, and some folks say that you have to go to it on the day after you get to Niawu, and if you go further in the story than that, it never shows up..??

They also said that you can alternatively load a completed Shenmue 3 save and just start at Niawu.

But I did that too, and still, nothing.

Can someone please help me here? What am I missing?

Thanks

Also, I did exactly what this guy did in this youtube video here (loading a completed save, and starting over from Niawu, going to the dock the next day), and still nothing

The DLC is definitely on my PS4, it shows it in the DLC files.

What could possibly be happening here?

I'm sorry if you feel ignored, but I really don't know what could be causing that. It's very odd.

I started the game from the beginning and when I got to Niaowu, the cruise was there.

You may have to reinstall the game and download the DLC again. I don't know what else to suggest. :hmm:

Thanks for the response, yeah I've come to the same conclusion.

Man, I've put so many hours into this re-playthrough from Shenmue 1 to 2 to 3;
which is always tradition for me: I have to go through the whole series every time, so I can't let myself just start over at the beginning of 3 lol

So I've just come to terms that on the plus side, this gives me a good reason to just finish up my current game, then go through the whole series again and still have something brand new to experience next time around!

Even if you reinstall everything, you don't have to play from the beginning, you can start from Niaowu. But it's always good to have a reason to come back later!

And if you eventually decide to buy a PS5, chances are the game will run much better without even needing a patch, since the framerate is unlocked. 🤞

Even if you reinstall everything, you don't have to play from the beginning, you can start from Niaowu. But it's always good to have a reason to come back later!

And if you eventually decide to buy a PS5, chances are the game will run much better without even needing a patch, since the framerate is unlocked. 🤞

Is that true? So any frame rate issues should be minimised when played on more powerful hardware, with no changes to the software itself? Would this also apply to the issue with the NPC pop in?

Is that true? So any frame rate issues should be minimised when played on more powerful hardware, with no changes to the software itself? Would this also apply to the issue with the NPC pop in?

If the framerate was locked at 30fps (as we all wanted), without a patch the game would run the same way on next-gen. But since it is unlocked, there are many chances that performance will improve just by running on better hardware. Who knows, it may even run at 60fps! The game is even mentioned in this Digital Foundry article.

The NPC pop in may also be greatly reduced thanks to the SSD. I'm not a tech guy but, as you know, the problem is much worse when we're running, so it must be a loading issue. As for the drawing distance, it will probably remain the same because it's programmed that way. NPCs should continue to appear at the same distance (no better than in a Dreamcast...), but without pop in.

According to that article, Shenmue III may become one of the games that will most benefit from backwards compatibility.

Let's hope so! 🤞

Back