Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night is Out

So post impressions!

Please delete this thread if there's already a Bloodstained thread. For whatever reason I couldn't find one if it already exists.

Backers are still raging on kickstarter, but general impression/receptions are good.

I"m not too big on metroid/Igavanias games so reading that they're still adding more stuff to the game post-launch means I'll grab it at a later date when it is fully features complete.

I'm not raging, but wow, this is really stupid. I just got an email from Fangamer informing me that although my copy of the game will be sent from a local distributer, the slip case (which someone here said is cheap and crap - was it you @Dietsoap ?) will be sent separately.

Okay, so maybe for Europeans they have to do it that way for logistical reasons, but they have given full warning that we will most likely need to pay customs charges and that Royal Mail are responsible. Royal Mail charge a mandatory £8 handling fee and then you have to pay import tax on top of that. UK backers could be looking at paying at least an additional £10, if not more, for a bloody cardboard sleeve.

That's crazy!

To be fair, I don't understand why we should. As backers, can't they legally mark it as a gift on the customs declaration? Perhaps not, but even so, it's a fucking cardboard sleeve, it can't be worth more than a couple of quid and well below the threshold for paying import taxes. Hopefully it's just a standard warning and people won't actually get charged additional fees to receive it.

I can't wait to see how much they'll charge me for the shenmue bust in my country.
They added 100dls to the order through KS though.

Yeah, those of us who backed for some of the higher tiers (especially those who got the statues and jackets and what have you) will probably get a huge customs and taxes fee :(

I haven't had a chance to dig into the main game yet, but I'm fairly stoked. The Back demo from a year ago already felt more like Castlevania (at least Igavania-style Castlevania) than any of the three new entries from the rebooted series. I'm hoping to really sit down with it for a few hours this weekend.

I have started playing it a little bit. Just finished the first level and thought it was pretty good so far.

Back