Can My PC Run These Games Properly?

Hi, I'm new to Shenmue Dojo Forums. I have visited the main site before but now I have taken it upon myself to join the community!

Anyway, I'm purchasing the PC versions of Shenmue I and II on Steam tomorrow after work. I have looked at the system requirements, and I am unsure of what kind of experience I'll have with my Potato PC. I'm running a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron N5050 from 2012, here. I do indeed meet the requirements for OS and RAM (Asks for 4 gigs of RAM; I have six.) But I am not too tech savvy when it comes GPUs and CPUs.

I do know I have an Intel Core i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30Ghz and my GFX Card is Intel HD Graphics Family (Yep, one of those integrated chips.)

I can't imagine I can't run two nearly 20 year old games on this hardware. I can run Shenmue 1 on my Android Tablet that has only 1GB of RAM and a Mali 450 chip with no slowdown whatsoever, and that's with some pretty bad clipping issues due to Reicast STILL not fixing the graphics of Shenmue. (The notepad's pages are half clipping through the covers for crying out loud! Can't read a thing! And Ryo's eyes... *shudder*)

Will my PC have enough "Blast Processing" to run Shenmue 1 and 2 flawlessly in 1080x720 Resolution at max settings? Or can it only cast dreams?

Edit: Oh, Yeah! I forgot to mention, I do have a 5.6 rating on Windows Experience Index. What that means, I don't know. Just more numbers and crap to confuse little old grannies.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'm purchasing the PC versions of Shenmue I and II on Steam tomorrow after work. I have looked at the system requirements, and I am unsure of what kind of experience I'll have with my Potato PC. I'm running a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron N5050 from 2012, here. I do indeed meet the requirements for OS and RAM (Asks for 4 gigs of RAM; I have six.) But I am not too tech savvy when it comes GPUs and CPUs.

I do know I have an Intel Core i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30Ghz and my GFX Card is Intel HD Graphics Family (Yep, one of those integrated chips.)
You should be able to run it, although I'm not certain how smooth of an experience it'll be. I've heard mumblings of the game being weird on Intel HD Graphics (but not been able to confirm this myself).

If you buy directly through Steam, you can refund the game no questions asked as long as you've played it for less than two hours, so it doesn't hurt to give it a try and refund if necessary.

I was just posting in another thread about how problematic the game runs with the intel integrated graphics 3000 and 4000, like not even the half the textures load, its the worst of the glitches I have seen, give it a try if you wish but keep expectations low.

This Video shows Shenmue 1 and 2 running on Intel HD 560. Shenmue 1 looks fine to me.
intel.png
This is the card I have.

Last edited:
I presently have a 2014 13 Inch Macbok Pro. I know that Macs have never been for PC gaming, but do you PC experts recommend Shenmue for Macs? I plan on getting a 5K iMac next year, too. What would you guys say to that?

Back