Can the PC version of Shenmue I & II on Game Pass be modded?

I downloaded it on my computer wanting to play it with some graphical mods and such, but I’ve heard both that it can be modded and that it can’t be modded. So what’s the story?

Yes, it's entirely possible to mod the UWP (Game Pass) version of the re-releases.

You will need to dump the game using UWPDumper or something similar, this will get you all of the files that the game uses to run. Now you will modify the content you wish to modify and repackage up the assets you extracted and modified, you will then create your own UWP installer (so uninstall the original game) and install that.

Now when you run the game, you should have your mods working perfectly fine.

Pretty much every mod is supported by the UWP build of the re-releases.

If you run into any issues following this brief explanation, reply here or PM me and I'll post a more detailed guide on doing this :)

Enjoy!

Yes, it's entirely possible to mod the UWP (Game Pass) version of the re-releases.

You will need to dump the game using UWPDumper or something similar, this will get you all of the files that the game uses to run. Now you will modify the content you wish to modify and repackage up the assets you extracted and modified, you will then create your own UWP installer (so uninstall the original game) and install that.

Now when you run the game, you should have your mods working perfectly fine.

Pretty much every mod is supported by the UWP build of the re-releases.

If you run into any issues following this brief explanation, reply here or PM me and I'll post a more detailed guide on doing this :)

Enjoy!

Will gamepass recognise it as the same game and therefore give achievements etc still?

Back