Shenmue
PSN
LazHimself
XBL
LazHimself
Steam
LazHimself
Thought this might be a fun idea.

Everyone please share you latest/greatest capsule toy acquisitions!
Tell us just how lucky or unlucky you've been!

I went straight into the candy shop, bought some chocolate, and won this with my very first ticket! I remember trying for this guy for hours as a kid and never winning him. What a way to start off my replay!

DlGVpRhV4AUdlHz.jpg

Last edited:
I've been mostly going for the Sonic series of toys. I've probably spent nearly 3000 yen and still don't have Super Sonic or Metal Sonic... the 2 I'm trying to get.

I also did well with darts scoring more than 400 points and got the toy of the dart machine.

Reactions: Laz

I went straight into the candy shop, bought some chocolate, and won this with my very first ticket! I remember trying for this guy for hours as a kid and never winning him. What a way to start off my replay!

View attachment 595
Who is this guy? Seriously, I do not remember him at all.

He's was the CEO of Sega at the time of release I believe. He's who you find/was dreaming in What's Shenmue.

You can get two versions of him from winning at the Abe store.

I could be wrong though haha.

I'm kinda glad you have save anywhere now. I plan on using it to try and luck out and get some of the rarer stuff early on without spending a fortune (at least, that's the plan). Especially the stuff you can only get from the corner shop that I think becomes inaccessible once you get your harbour job?
Can't wait to get stuck into capsule toy/tape collecting again, they are small pointless distractions really but oh so fun to collect.

View attachment 595
I got this as well tonight. I believe it was on my second purchase/draw. I was really surprised.

I was also able to get the Panzer Dragoon solo wing toy tonight which I don't think I've been able to get before.

These seem like such a waste of money, but it's fun.

He's was the CEO of Sega at the time of release I believe. He's who you find/was dreaming in What's Shenmue.

You can get two versions of him from winning at the Abe store.

I could be wrong though haha.
Thanks, Laz!

Reactions: Laz
300k for the QTE with pads
1mill in Space Harrier
300 for Darts.

I think at least. These are from memory so I could very well be wrong. Don't know the others sorry.

So, I've still been trying to get both the Super and Metal Sonic capsule toys. I saved right in front of the Sonic machine so that I could do 10 and then restart. I've done that 6x (60+) with no luck. Is there a different Sonic machine where these two are obtained or are they simply that rare that they almost never pop?

Back