Castlevania: Requiem (PS4 Exclusive)

Well, this was confirmed today:
“Symphony of the Night” and “Rondo of Blood” are both being re-released in one package on PS4:

IGN Story

Not many details so far. They promise 1080p support as well as 4K for PS4 Pro users…although, sadly, the game seems to be stuck in 4:3.

Audio-wise, we still don’t know what language tracks are being offered (Japanese? PSP re-recorded English? Robert Belgrade classic?)

On the one hand, I’m ecstatic to be able to add this to my library (SOTN is one of my all-time favorites); on the other….it kinda seems like a bare-minimum digital-only release (so far. I hope I'm wrong).

I don’t know, kinda makes one appreciate the Shenmue “portmasters” even more.

Edit: Link wasn't working. D'oh.

Last edited:
Shame is PS4 exclusive and not a full multi platform release. Hell, SOTN was on XBLA on the 360 days so is not like the games got any weird Sony exclusivity ties. Also this could have worked really well on the Switch.

Will not buy unless they do a phisical release, and it is really Awkeard not release it on the Switch :(

Yeah, this would have been great on the Switch.
(Granted, we do get "4K" on the PS4 Pro, which is nice.)

It seems like Sony was pretty involved with the collection, hence the exclusivity.

From Konami:
"Relive the timeless classics like never before thanks to Konami's partnership with SIE Worldwide Studios to create these high-quality ports."

Anyway, I hope there are more enhancements planned for this collection (which is being advertised as a remaster btw). The 4:3-only ratio really doesn't sit well with me. A digital release is also pretty sad.

SOTN belongs in the pantheon of video games; it should be a no-brainer for a modern re-release to treat the game with the respect it deserves.
Wait and see I guess.

Back