Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Shenmue III
PSN
Niaxi
Steam
Niaxi
Hey folks, soz if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but for anyone who needs to get this trophy, done the math and feeling a little daunted by the time it will take to catch 1000 fish, I'd just like to offer some advice. The best spot for getting to 1000 as quick as possible, is the small pond at the back of Panda Market in Bailu; location given as a reward for the soccer ball quest. Because of it's small size, the cast time is quick, fish bite fairly quickly and, most importantly, you can reel them in super quick with just the right stick. I managed to catch 35 in one session, 15 more than when I was elsewhere. I know it's still a slog to hit 1000, but ~70 per day (over 2 sessions) is far better than ~40-45 per day.

Hope this helps some of you and again sorry if this has been mentioned in the fishing thread, but I thought it deserved one on its own so people don't have to fish for this info.

Found it myself, but pretty good spot. My session record so far is 39 and the daily record is 95.

Strategy:
- Wake up and run to fish place (Don't use quick travel - costs ~45 in-game minutes)
- Start fishing... (at around 8 am)
- While fishing, make sure to move the rod slowly towards you. This makes fishes bite faster, and if well-timed, they bite very close to the end of water and so you can instantly pull them in.
- at 12:00 am, get rod again and start fishing
- at 2:30 pm, cancel fishing and quickly run back, get the rod and start fishing again.

at 7 pm you should have 90+ fishes (and be up to 2k$ richer)

In Niaowu there is a similar small pond in Senary Road left side of the shrine. Don't know if it's better or worse, though.

Last edited:
Back