Fishing Thread - Locations, Records & Tips

So even though Kino has trounced me, I will do 1 last post (as I will not be doing anymore fishing unless I need money!) of my exploits:

1575042751321.png

1575042704487.png

Attachments

• 1575042705342.png
    1575042705342.png
    985.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1575042750686.png
    1575042750686.png
    853.7 KB · Views: 1
Congrats, but please, tell me you'll still fish outside Bailu. I just tried for the first time a fishing spot later in the game and I'm quite happy with this first try, but I have nothing to compare with. I hope you'll still enjoy fishing after 1,000 fishes.

Edit:
I just calculated how much money I got per kilo of fish on my best 3 in Bailu and my last one on the new spot: I received between 20.01 and 20.02 yuan/kg.
On your two best, you received 21.83 yuan/kg.
So first, I’m feeling exploited; secondly, it makes me wonder if we each receive different rates because of some parameters.

Last edited:
Congrats, but please, tell me you'll still fish outside Bailu. I just tried for the first time a fishing spot later in the game and I'm quite happy with this first try, but I have nothing to compare with. I hope you'll still enjoy fishing after 1,000 fishes.

Edit:
I just calculated how much money I got per kilo of fish on my best 3 in Bailu and my last one on the new spot: I received between 20.01 and 20.02 yuan/kg.
So first, I’m feeling exploited; secondly, it makes me wonder if we each receive different rates because of some parameters.
Well done! I’m trying to get that very same trophy at the moment. I’m assuming I haven’t missed some obvious way to keep track right?

Edit:

For sure, I will ;). Just not going to go as nuts with grinding as I did in Bailu :D. I thought I had 2 more days to go, when the trophy popped.

As for the average, I got 4 or 5 Golden Carp that round and a BUNCH on 1.3+ kg catfish. I think Carp are worth the least.

Almost every fish I caught that session was 1+ KG and I caught 31, that session. The most I've done in 1 shot was 35 and that was my last session, when the trophy popped.

Well done! I’m trying to get that very same trophy at the moment. I’m assuming I haven’t missed some obvious way to keep track right?

I forgot what day I started, but I went by the rule of 100 fish every (real-life) day, at least. At first, I was getting 28-30 a session (so 2 sessions a day = 56-60 fish) and I would play 2 days, a day of the game. I didn't know when I started the grind, but I figured it was on Friday of last week.

I played 3 in-game days on Sunday and Friday of last week.

So going by my math (also had 2 prior days of fishing before the grind), I figured I would reach 1,000 on Thursday evening (last night), so 7 real-life days. Split it into 2 game days a real-life day, would be 8 real-life days, give or take.

56-60*2= 112-120
112-120*8= 896-960

Therefore, if one grinds and gets 26-30 fish a session, it should take 18-22 in-game days.

Again, I was getting 33-35 at the end consistently, so that sped it up a bit and I did the competition+catfish, so I got a few more there too.

Last edited:
For sure, I will ;). Just not going to go as nuts with grinding as I did in Bailu :D. I thought I had 2 more days to go, when the trophy popped.

As for the average, I got 4 or 5 Golden Carp that round and a BUNCH on 1.3+ kg catfish. I think Carp are worth the least.

Almost every fish I caught that session was 1+ KG and I caught 31, that session. The most I've done in 1 shot was 35 and that was my last session, when the trophy popped.

I forgot what day I started, but I went by the rule of 100 fish every (real-life) day, at least. At first, I was getting 28-30 a session (so 2 sessions a day = 56-60 fish) and I would play 2 days, a day of the game. I didn't know when I started the grind, but I figured it was on Friday of last week.

I played 3 in-game days on Sunday and Friday of last week.

So going by my math (also had 2 prior days of fishing before the grind), I figured I would reach 1,000 on Thursday evening (last night), so 7 real-life days. Split it into 2 game days a real-life day, would be 8 real-life days, give or take.

56-60*2= 112-120
112-120*8= 896-960

Therefore, if one grinds and gets 26-30 fish a session, it should take 18-22 in-game days.

Again, I was getting 33-35 at the end consistently, so that sped it up a bit and I did the competition+catfish, so I got a few more there too.

Nice. It’s good that I quite enjoy the fishing but it can become quite a grind when you’re trying to hit number. I will get it before leaving Bailu though.

Whether there is another place in Niaowu or not, the little pond in Bailu is just so convenient to grind at, I think that's the best bet.

Have any of you nice chaps figured out a list for the Niaowu locations? Specifically: are any unlocked via side missions? I don't want to miss any! :)

Whether there is another place in Niaowu or not, the little pond in Bailu is just so convenient to grind at, I think that's the best bet.

Just to confirm, there's 4 fishing spots in Bailu plus two extra that are unlocked via side quests right? The Kong Mei store side quest and the Ryo-bo soccer ball pail toss side quest?

Just to confirm, there's 4 fishing spots in Bailu plus two extra that are unlocked via side quests right? The Kong Mei store side quest and the Ryo-bo soccer ball pail toss side quest?

There are 5 in Bailu, + the 2 hidden ones.

2 of them are in the same pond.

The 2 at the lake count as one. For the trophy, you only need 6.

That wasn’t my experience at all. The 2nd spot in the lake was what triggered the trophy for me. This was after I’d fished in all the other locations.

Back