Choubu-Chan Fighter tips, tricks, and expert strategy thread

Best punch?

• weak

• medium

• strong

• I prefer to block

Results are only viewable after voting.
This thread is ONLY for top-tier competitive players to share high-level strategies on the extremely deep and technical fighting game set to take next year's EVO by storm: Choubu-Chan Fighter. Scrubs please take your leave.

Okay so I'll start: You can press down to block. Also, the only way I can manage to beat Jeffry is by baiting him into sliding off the stage.

Is there even a block button? I couldn't tell.

I didn't beat every last character in my first run, but the one I had the toughest time with was Lau-chan. Lau-chan gets all up in your grill with combos. The only way I could beat him was to force him near the edge of the ring then float jump over him and knock his ass out of the ring.

Last edited:
This thread is ONLY for top-tier competitive players to share high-level strategies on the extremely deep and technical fighting game set to take next year's EVO by storm: Choubu-Chan Fighter. Scrubs please take your leave.

Okay so I'll start: You can press down to block. Also, the only way I can manage to beat Jeffry is by baiting him into sliding off the stage.

lmao thats exactly how I beat him too.

Didnt know down was block lol

Also why didnt the "VF3" version of this game have a 3D dodge button?

Is there even a block button? I couldn't tell.

I didn't beat every last character in my first run, but the one I had the toughest time with was Lau-chan. Lau-chan gets all up in your grill with combos. The only way I could beat him was to force him near the edge of the ring then float jump over him and knock his ass out of the ring.
There's not a dedicated block button as far as I can tell, but holding down on the d-pad activates a block. For Lau I was able to just wait out the first instance of his combo at a distance, and then swoop in for a weak > strong > medium """combo""", rinse and repeat until he's dead. It doesn't link or anything, but for some reason I find that attack succession works out better for me than just mashing any of the attack strengths. Maybe it's just placebo, idk.

lmao thats exactly how I beat him too.

Didnt know down was block lol

Also why didnt the "VF3" version of this game have a 3D dodge button?
There's a VF3 version? I don't think I'm as far along as you.

There's a VF3 version? I don't think I'm as far along as you.

Its tricky to tell the difference at first because the Chobus look so alike but yeah one arcade's version is based on VF2 and another arcade's version is based on VF3 based on how the Chobu's outfits look and the background stages. Only both are still 2.5D (3D models moving on a 2D plane like VF1 and VF2 were).
VF3 as you know, changed that with the 3D evade/dodge button, of which Shenmue 1 and 2 used its engine.

Back