Combat Tips Thread - I Need Help Too!

Hi,

I've noticed that on my current playthrough I've struggled with the combat sections a lot - especially later in Shenmue 2. I'm up to the part where you have to take down the 3 Street Fighters & I'm just struggling to do much damage eve when I hit.

How does training work in Shenmue 2? There doesn't seem to be empty lots to hold you move efficiency. I fear I may have just blitzed through the game without training which is why I'm struggling.

But I though this may be a place for members to put their pro tips to use and advise players in combat, as I just can't seem to get anywhere - i beat 1 fighter by ring out on both rounds :p that's the only tip i can contribute with

I've read people saying it's easier to train moves up in Shenmue II.
Other then them mini games where you have to punch a dude out in X amount of hits or grab that doge guy gambling games. I don't really see how you can train?!?
I know you can spar with the tai-chi guy in the park, but you're well past that.

I'm not an expert by any means.
But it helps if you always wait for them to attack,then evade and follow up with your own attack.
Also I haven't played in a while but the "Rear foot sweep" move you can buy at Wiseman's KungFu,might be an easier way for a ring out finish.

If anyone has any tips on how to bring down Izumi that'd be much welcome. I want to race ducks, damn it!

If anyone has any tips on how to bring down Izumi that'd be much welcome. I want to race ducks, damn it!

Mash X, do QTEs. Seriously, Izumi is easy, I don't know why people have a problem with her. Greg More is much more difficult.

You could always spam elbow assault. It's the OP move since 2001. And memorize the QTE, then you should be fine. Running around in circles to regain hp back also helps.

In Shenmue II spamming while countering with Elbow assault works for everyone pretty much from what I remember. Shenmue I, you can do the same with Y, but you'll have to know how to time it. I was able to beat Chai rather easily and quickly today and it's normally a struggle that involved some luck. The only problem I had was that annoying double jumping kick he does that can be countered with another Elbow assault or any other move by chance. I just stay down as long as possible to recover health from that.

Back