Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Alan Wake
PSN
The_TimeRanger
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-4584-9310-8810
I only recently started reading comic books, and so far I have enjoyed it a lot. I havn't had time to read books in for ever, but I have had time to read an issue or two of a comic book in the few downtimes I have.

I have almost completed Deadpool Vol.5 - #1-36 (2015-2017) in trade paperback form, and absolutely loved it! I stared a couple subscriptions to some of Marvel's fresh start comics: Spider-man, Dr. Strange, Avengers and Deadpool, so looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Any way, I couldn't see a thread for comics, so I though we should have one. If you read any thing, or have and would like to recommend something, post it here!

I have a 4 box library of comics, most of which I never got to read for personal reasons. I can't wait to get some more time in life and go digging through those boxes!

I have a 4 box library of comics, most of which I never got to read for personal reasons. I can't wait to get some more time in life and go digging through those boxes!
Awesome! What sort do/did you like? ?

Awesome! What sort do/did you like? ?
Really all kinds of stuff. Spiderman and Batman have historically been my favorites, but the reason I have so much unread is because I was just buying whatever I could find that looked interesting for about a year lol

Really all kinds of stuff. Spiderman and Batman have historically been my favorites, but the reason I have so much unread is because I was just buying whatever I could find that looked interesting for about a year lol
Haha, yeah! I was starting to do that too now. I know I'll continue reading Deadpool. But also wanted to get a taste of the other stuff too. I used to have Batman Year One in my self. Loved it.

The Sonic IDW series is really solid. It's so good to have great Sonic comics again.

They have Sonic comics too? I never knew. Ill have to look that up. Actually heading to the largest comic store in Oslo today.

They have Sonic comics too? I never knew. Ill have to look that up. Actually heading to the largest comic store in Oslo today.
Yes, they just started this year! So far, they're pretty simple, fun stories. Great art though.

Does Archie still have Sonic as well? Strange that two companies have the same franchise...

The only Sonic comics I have are the Mega Man crossover events...

Haha, yeah! I was starting to do that too now. I know I'll continue reading Deadpool. But also wanted to get a taste of the other stuff too. I used to have Batman Year One in my self. Loved it.

Batman year one is great, I have the original run of long Halloween too which is also brilliant.

Dark Horse comics have a variety of great titles I would recommend. I have a very extensive marvel collection. If you are enjoying marvel comics I would recommend a book called Marvels, it's from the perspective of a photographer who witnesses the rise of the Marvel super heroes from the very first, human torch. There's a sequel to that called Marvels:Eye of the camera, and a spinoff called Ruins, like an alternate version of how things may have turned out, all those have beautiful artwork. You might enjoy deadpool kills the marvel universe.

Blacksad is another great book. I enjoyed the walking dead comics far more than the TV series but fell out of the loop on those. Currently enjoying IDW's run of Metal Gear Solid

I would recommend a book called Marvels, it's from the perspective of a photographer who witnesses the rise of the Marvel super heroes from the very first, human torch. There's a sequel to that called Marvels:Eye of the camera, and a spinoff called Ruins, like an alternate version of how things may have turned out, all those have beautiful artwork. You might enjoy deadpool kills the marvel universe.
Oh, wow, thats sounds interesting! I’ll have to ask about it next time I’m at the store. Thinking of getting the Ucanny X-Force too, heard it’s good!

I haven't read comics since forever too, but I tried recently and I can't recommend enough Alan Moore's Saga of the Swamp Thing if you haven't read it. It's so epic and I don't think I ever read anything quite like it in a comic book. It also contains John Constantine's first appearance.
Also reading Mike Mignola's Hellboy which I'm liking a lot. I know these might be common knowledge for regular comicbooks readers, but I seriously have never read any of these before, just some Marvel stuff like X-Men and Spider-man along with DC's Batman and Superman as a kid. As an adult I've only read some Walking Dead for a few years, but got tired of the same old story rethreads.

Last edited:
I haven't read comics since forever too, but I tried recently and I can't recommend enough Alan Moore's Saga of the Swamp Thing if you haven't read it. It's so epic and I don't think I ever read anything quite like it in a comic book. It also contains John Constantine's first appearance.
Also reading Mike Mignola's Hellboy which I'm liking a lot. I know these might be common knowledge for regular comicbooks readers, but I seriously have never read any of these before, just some Marvel stuff like X-Men and Spider-man along with DC's Batman and Superman as a kid. As an adult I've only read some Walking Dead for a few years, but got tired of the same old story rethreads.

Would you mind if I made some light suggestions of other things that you might enjoy? Which you can totally take or leave and I won't be even remotely offended.

In the same vain as Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. There's a lot of Vertigo titles from the late 80s that you might enjoy. Though, if I had to pick only two or three I would recommend Neil Gaiman's Sandman stuff, and Grant Morrison's Animal Man and Doom Patrol. I'm glad you're digging Swamp Thing though, it's probably one of my favourite series in comics that there's ever been. Particularly the Alan Moore stuff which, even today reads like it's on another level. I know that some people can get tired of the hyperbole surrounding him but I definitely feel like he's earned his reputation over the years with his output.

As for myself...I do love me some superheroes but at the moment I tend to dip in and out of both Marvel and DC as and when I want to. Largely down to price, and only slightly because a lot of the time I'm not particularly interested in what's going on. Though if anyone else has been reading it lately, I've been quite enjoying Tom King's stuff on Batman at the moment. The most recent story in particular being really quite interesting.

I could probably talk comics for days so I think I'll just save it for now, for everyone's sake!

I'll work on those when I can. Thanks for the suggestions sincerely. The Saga of the Swamp Thing gave me the itch to seek out for more comics. I think someone directed me to Peter Milligan as Moore's equal. So I will give a try too at his work in Shade: the Changing Man.

Yeah, honestly. It's kind of difficult to set a foot wrong in that general time period of the books that were coming out in and around then. I know that nowadays people's opinions on the books from that time can be different just given the amount of time that has passed, and the subject matter involved as well. But I think, if you enjoy Swamp Thing then you'll probably get a lot out of the other books from the vertigo line of that time as well!

Does Archie still have Sonic as well? Strange that two companies have the same franchise...

The only Sonic comics I have are the Mega Man crossover events...
Archie Sonic comics are dead unfortunately. The license now belongs to IDW.

I know it is a older thread but want to say something about.

I was a big comic fan in the 90s.

I like to read the DC stuff like Batman, JLA and Wolverine and Spiderman form Marvel.

After the german issues where cancelled I stop reading them. That happend in 2000 or 2001.

I also liked the early Resident Evil comics.

Witchblade and Fathom were also cool. But again after German issues got cancelled I lost interest.

Another great Comic was Shi Way of the Warrior.

Unlike many other kids of the 90s it was that American comic that kickstarted my interest in the Japanese culture and language.

For many other kids it were the Anime and Manga. I did not care much about Anime back then. And they would have never kickstarted my interest in the japanese Language and culture. Because they were too outlandish to be taken seriously.

There were also some Tomb Raider comics that were great as well.

I still have all the stuff I mentioned in my collection and still like to read them.

Back