Companies to ask for Shenmue IV in the tweetathon of the 4 of every month.

Hello, here I put a compilation of companies Twitter that we can ask for Shenmue IV and Shenmue Anime Season 2 in the tweetathon of the 4 of every month with the hastaghs #LetsGetShenmue4 and #ShenmueAnime2.

Why this is good? Because we show our interest to the companies of we want Shenmue IV and we increase the chances that one day they can participate in the franchise. It is best to ask all possible companies.
If is there any problem with create a thread for this, sorry, and you can delete it without problem.

@ININ_Games
@SEGA
@SquareEnix
@bnam_jp
@wbd
@Crunchyroll
@110industries
@capcom_official
@Nintendo
@Playstation
@Xbox
@Sony
@Microsoft
@YSNET_Inc
@ShibuyaProd
@RGGStudio
@EpicGames
@bethesda
@ryugagotoku
@SEGA_OFFICIAL
@vf_official

If you know of any company more, tell here and I can add it.

Last edited:
Impossible! 😲
110 Industries haven't even launched their announced projects Vengeance its mine and Red Goes Faster. I personally wouldn't waste the effort with them.
Yes? Well, there it is as an option, who wants to put it and who doesn't, no problem. ;)
That said, Nintendo is one of the most important and that would best match with Shenmue in my opinion.

Yes? Well, there it is as an option, who wants to put it and who doesn't, no problem. ;)
I like that stance.
That said, Nintendo is one of the most important and that would best match with Shenmue in my opinion.
Of course its important and a great company, was just a old rivalry revival.
Sega has launched several games for Switch already, but concerning Shenmue it seems like thats personal or idk.. no HD ports, no Shenmue 3... Who knows, maybe they realized they simply lost a train with the abscence of S3 for Switch and has been private talks for S4?
I recall discussing that possibility before.
Overall this seems a nice initiative, polite and supportive to the cause #LetsGetShenmueIV

Edit: dont laugh... Add Bandai Namco
Ah, you already did! Xd

I think that only a small/new publishers will be willing to pay Sammy-Sega the fee to use Shenmue licence. Maybe something to do with the pride of the big Japanese companies. They have their own franchises, why pay millions to their rivals only for a chance to develop something risky and help them in the long run?

Otherwise the idea is awesome. Shenmue doesn't have chance with Sammy-Sega. They have Yakuza. Doesn't make sense to rival themselves. I don't think that Yakuza and Shenmue can coexist with one publisher. I don't see the bisness logic for Sammy-Sega to invest in Shenmue... Maybe if they found a way to put a really small amount of money and not risk at all. But for what reason when the Yakuza is in the top form. Maybe in the future when people are getting tired with Kazuma and Ichiban... Who knows... I'll be very surprised to see Shenmue 4 under the Sega logo. But who is crazy enough to pay them the licence? Is there some solid information about how much Sammy-Sega got from the kickstarter of Shenmue 3?

I think that only a small/new publishers will be willing to pay Sammy-Sega the fee to use Shenmue licence. Maybe something to do with the pride of the big Japanese companies. They have their own franchises, why pay millions to their rivals only for a chance to develop something risky and help them in the long run?

Otherwise the idea is awesome. Shenmue doesn't have chance with Sammy-Sega. They have Yakuza. Doesn't make sense to rival themselves. I don't think that Yakuza and Shenmue can coexist with one publisher. I don't see the bisness logic for Sammy-Sega to invest in Shenmue... Maybe if they found a way to put a really small amount of money and not risk at all. But for what reason when the Yakuza is in the top form. Maybe in the future when people are getting tired with Kazuma and Ichiban... Who knows... I'll be very surprised to see Shenmue 4 under the Sega logo. But who is crazy enough to pay them the licence? Is there some solid information about how much Sammy-Sega got from the kickstarter of Shenmue 3?
Outside of the licensing fee they'd have taken no money from the kickstarter.

In terms of sales whether they got a cut I don't know.

This seems the actual Sega-Sammy enterprise logic, and without lessening my desire for Shenmue IV specially with their logo its understandable. Exactly, "why rival ourselves"? Yakuza its undeniable that is working, it sells really well. On the other side ironically in RGG devteam there has been voices of praise towards YS, Shenmue and hinting they would love to work in such emblematic title which also made RGG possible.

Totally! The whole series on Switch would be a perfect match!

That being said, I never participated in the Tweetathon. Is there an easy "how to guide" for a rookie like me?

Last edited:
Totally! The whole series on Switch would be a perfect match!

That being said, I never participated in the Tweetathon. Is there an easy "how to guide" for a rookie like me?
It's very easy, you only need a Twitter account, click in the blue icon to text a tweet and copy and paste this: #LetsGetShenmue4 #ShenmueAnime2
Also you can put too a personal message of you think like "Shenmue needs to continue" or something like that, what you want, you can also put a image.
And copy and paste the companies that I posted in the first post in this thread (Important with the @ in every one).

Then click on post.

If you have friends that have Twitter and like Shemue, comment on it too, the more the better.

And if you have any doubt, feel free to ask. ;)

Last edited:
It's very easy, you only need a Twitter account, click in the blue icon to text a tweet and copy and paste this: #LetsGetShenmue4 #ShenmueAnime2
Also you can put too a personal message of you think like "Shenmue needs to continue" or something like that, what you want, you can also put a image.
And copy and paste the companies that I posted in the first post in this thread (Important with the @ in every one).

Then click on post.

If you have friends that have Twitter and like Shemue, comment on it too, the more the better.

Cool! Thanks for the quick guide! I will try it out!

Just created an account on Twitter. :)

Otherwise the idea is awesome. Shenmue doesn't have chance with Sammy-Sega. They have Yakuza. Doesn't make sense to rival themselves. I don't think that Yakuza and Shenmue can coexist with one publisher. I don't see the bisness logic for Sammy-Sega to invest in Shenmue... Maybe if they found a way to put a really small amount of money and not risk at all. But for what reason when the Yakuza is in the top form.
I also don't think Sega will develop a new Shenmue game. But I don't agree the reason is them not wanting anything competing with Yakuza. They have released two Judgment games, and plenty of Yakuza spinoffs (like Ishin/Kenzan or the Hokuto No Ken themed one). I don't think they would have a problem releasing antoher "similar" game if they believed in it.

I think the reasons for Sega to avoid new Shenmue games might be the same as the rest of publishers: it requires too big of a budget for what it needs to be, and at the same time is a direct continuation of an episodic saga with lukewarm sales at best in its last installment.

I'm not going to count Sega completely out considering that they were willing to front the budget to do a full on Shenmue 1 and 2 remake until they scaled it down and went with the original DC ports. Ultimately though, I think the buck stops at Sega, I don't think any of these other companies would be interested in Shenmue sadly. Someone younger at Sega who understands the significance of the Shenmue series would have to be the one to give Shenmue 4 the greenlight. Or else this series is dead again unfortunately.

If by some miracle SEGA-Sammy funds Shenmue 4 without promising to finish the series, believe me, every true Shenmue fan will automatically stop playing/buying Yakuza games. The companies only sees sales/player counts statistics. They don't care how high quality and well received the game is by the fanbase.

I like Yakuza a lot, but I like Shenmue more. If we're going to play "stats and sales", I have no choice. Yakuza and the spin-offs will sell millions anyway, but Shenmue needs better numbers to survive.

If they are funding the S4, they need some way to guarantee the fans the ending... Alas, this is not a practice nowadays because it would make many gamers wait for the last part to start.

Hello, here I put a compilation of companies Twitter that we can ask for Shenmue IV and Shenmue Anime Season 2 in the tweetathon of the 4 of every month with the hastaghs #LetsGetShenmue4 and #ShenmueAnime2.

Why this is good? Because we show our interest to the companies of we want Shenmue IV and we increase the chances that one day they can participate in the franchise. It is best to ask all possible companies.
If is there any problem with create a thread for this, sorry, and you can delete it without problem.

@ININ_Games
@SEGA
@SquareEnix
@bnam_jp
@wbd
@Crunchyroll
@110industries
@capcom_official
@Nintendo
@Playstation
@Xbox
@Sony
@Microsoft
@YSNET_Inc
@ShibuyaProd
@RGGStudio
@EpicGames

If you know of any company more, tell here and I can add it.

@ryugagotoku

(japanese account of RGG Studio)

@SEGA_OFFICIAL

(japanese account)

@vf_official

(official Virtua Fighter account, basically Sega AM2).

Then click on post.

So.... I just logged in on Twitter and wanted to participate for the first time. Just to receive a massage that my account has been suspended :cautious: I don't know why! After an hour long search for an solution I even tried to give them my telephone number for the two step authentication... and even that feature has been suspended....

:rolleyes: A litte bit frustrated right now... anyway... for everybody out there... its the 4th... so go tweet my pretties.....:love:

So.... I just logged in on Twitter and wanted to participate for the first time. Just to receive a massage that my account has been suspended :cautious: I don't know why! After an hour long search for an solution I even tried to give them my telephone number for the two step authentication... and even that feature has been suspended....

:rolleyes: A litte bit frustrated right now... anyway... for everybody out there... its the 4th... so go tweet my pretties.....:love:
Sorry to hear that, I don't know why that happen, Twitter is a little strange sometimes.
The only solution I can think of is try to create another account with another gmail and I don't know if that will work.
Anyway, thanks for trying. (y)

Perhaps can be, that since you created the account you haven't entered any time since then? It's the only reason I can think of.
For example some e-mail services cancel accounts if the user not enter for some time.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, I don't know why that happen, Twitter is a little strange sometimes.
The only solution I can think of is try to create another account with another gmail and I don't know if that will work.
Anyway, thanks for trying. (y)

Perhaps can be, that since you created the account you haven't entered any time since then? It's the only reason I can think of.
For example some e-mail services cancel accounts if the user not enter for some time.
Okay, thank you for your answer.

Yes, that's the only thing that makes sense. :giggle: Ill try.

Back