Cut Content: Band Aids at the Tomato Convenience Store

Switch

Shenmue analysis at www.phantomriverstone.com
Fascinating! Although I am trying to think if there was any possible utility or segment where band aids could aid a gameplay segment and I am drawing a blank so maybe it was intended as simply an item (wonder if customization of colour of band aid was ever considered). Or are we overthinking things and this is just a easter egg hidden in game code?

This could make for a nice feature for the Phoenix Edition of Shenmue.
Lemonhaze and the team could make the Band Aids purchasable at the Tomato convinience store and other shops and they could restore a portion of Ryo's health or regenerate his lifebar quicker.
It would be a nice improvement and it would also retain that classic feeling from a game created in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Maybe Ryo wasn't going to regain health automatically in the original?
I think you might be right about this. Would also explain why you could buy food and see it in your inventory, but not actually consume it.

Given that the mechanic found it's way into Shenmue III as well, I don't think it's completely unreasonable to suggest that it may have been planned for I & II at some point.

I think you might be right about this. Would also explain why you could buy food and see it in your inventory, but not actually consume it.

Given that the mechanic found it's way into Shenmue III as well, I don't think it's completely unreasonable to suggest that it may have been planned for I & II at some point.
That’s a great point. I also recall in some interview with Suzuki he talked about wanting to create realistic ramen, (like noodles would get soggy or soup in bowl would decrease over time) so who knows if they also contemplated Ryo being able to eat at various restaurants.

Amazing!

Also, i've always wanted to have a poo reading poo. It would be a meta experience <3

I can share a couple of websites with you that will satisfy your desires, if you know what I mean.

PM me, hun 😘
So long as it's not shit or crap, let me know :sneaky:

Nothing like a glass of whisky and a Poo after a hard day's work.

Back