Cut contents ?

BTW, have you guys seen the Virtua Fighter anime ?
That anime kinda makes me feel that the story of it was originally going to be used for Virtua Fighter RPG.(Yu Suzuki was credited as it's original Author)

It has some similarities with Shenmue:

1.Both Ryo and Akira use the same fighting style.(Hakkyoku-Ken )
2.Both Ryo and Akira have a flashback scene where they are train with their father when they were young.
3.In both, there is a Chinese Mafia that have a Chinese man with long hair as their leader.
4.In both, Chinese mafias members are martial artists.

Keiji Okayasu and Yu Suzuki say it, as Esra is just the moderator of sorts for the interview. They describe multiple remakes of Shenmue Saturn, including one that was made specifically for a Saturn with a special acceleration board.
Shin Ishikawa specifically states that footage is from a stock saturn. Does not matter if they made another build for an 'acceleration board' (what even is that, it isnt released hardware, the ram cart is not an acceleration board) . So by Shin's own words, that footage is on a stock saturn. Other builds may exist, but according to shin, thats stock saturn footage.

Thanks. I have never seen that project Berkley video before.

Kinda funny(Shenmue 3 spoiler)
That Grand master Bei had a concept art at that time.
This is what turned me into a Shenmue fan, before anything else did.

I bought a japanese Dreamcast at launch because I'm a Virtua Fighter junkie, and I wanted to play VF3 at home. So I get my Dreamcast with a copy of VF3tb, and there's this red disc that came with it. Called "Project Berkley".

Needless to say that sent me on a spiral of Shenmue goodness. From the first announcement in Japan, to every trailer, demo, and eventually every game. No other game or story had me on its hands like Shenmue did. And I'm still waiting to know what some of the Project Berkley scenes were all about. That first video showed a lot of stuff we haven't really seen yet..

Back