[deleted]

It all depends on if anyone can create an importer/exporter for the Model Data

I'm sure a complete texture overhaul and character swapping will be possible since .tac files can be rebuilt (waiting for release)
I'm most interested to know what kind of Model data ShenmuePC uses I would guess its a simplified OBJ type, If they reused the original MT5s with internal emulation I'd be impressed and utterly annoyed
It seems that everything that was modifiable on the DC will work for PC

On Modding Ryo's body, his body mesh is still comprised of multiple overlapping body parts so swapping him for a fully skinned character wont be possible (but swapping him with another charater will be possible)

Hopefully the Model Data will be also modifiable and in that case I would remodel everything.
Also being able to edit Model Collision would mean ingame Landscape could be extended
Best case scenario would be if level data could be edited (interactive objects etc)
Either way a true HD Shenmue remake is on the horizon

I suspected as much...
On the plus side it should mean that beta stuff can be imported and modding will be very similar to current methods for DC-Shenmue.
With some luck people at Xentax or People like Yazgoo and Heliwig will appear with a renewed interest and expand what we can do with MT5s
My personal goal was to get all the models fully textured and with NinjaRipper and I have all that now. Being able to change ingame models would be a dream but now I will set my sights on porting Shenmue to Unreal Engine (Hopefully Shenmue3 itself)

Could I please get a compiled version?

Hmm all Im getting are DDS files and Thousands of .bin files , I thought you had the file names and folder paths?
.. unless im using it wrong?

index.php

Not sure how you 'capture' this, I just want to be able to compare files between versions

Back