Did anybody see this near the end of the game?

When you're searching for Yuan in the castle, there are three doors. The first door has a chicken in it, the third door has Yuan and Xu and the middle door is Chai's room! There's a poster of Ryo, a pair of Chai's blue pants and a poster of Chai. I missed this initially because I locked on to the third door by accident when I was zooming in but I reset the game and found it. You only get to fully examine the room once.

It's absolutely driving me nuts that every playthrough ignores the first two doors and just locks on to the third.

Tough crowd. I agree about the side quest being totally unnecessary in the castle. The Chai thing however? Not a big deal. Ren at the Yellow Head Building in Shenmue II had multiple comic relief moments and in my opinion the Chai thing is in line with that. Actually I thought Chai's room was creepy so for me that kind of upped the tension.

Guys, the weird and random side quest was thrown in, or the remnants of a fuller level that got chopped down, simply to satisfy and check off a kickstarter stretch goal. They probably already had it implemented and didn’t want to remove it to make the shallow and short castle level even shorter.

Back