Did anyone here grew up with Cartoon Network?

Cyberman

Autobot
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Super Mario Party
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-3502-0387-6323
I'm pretty sure if you were a kid during the 90's or 00's, you probably remember Cartoon Network. Some of my favorite shows include Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Johnny Bravo, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and the original Teen Titans. I don't watch Cartoon Network any more since these newer shows aren't as good as the cartoons from its past including the ones I have already mentioned.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if you were a kid during the 90's or 00's, you probably remember Cartoon Network. Some of my favorite shows include Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Johnny Bravo, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friend and the original Teen Titans. I don't watch Cartoon Network any more since these newer shows aren't as good as the cartoons from its past including the ones I have already mentioned.
What about dexters lab. Amazing show!

Oh yeah. I loved that show especially the Justice Friends segments.
I'd come home from school and watch dexters lab and Jonny Bravo. Used to love those two shows and Jonny Bravo has some subtle adult humour in it lol.

Couple that in with classics like Dragon Ball Z, wacky races, Tom and Jerry etc and it was a very good afternoon!

I actually loved "The Amazing World of Gumball" for the first 3 or 4 seasons. Then it kinda became repetetive. But that was Cartoon Network at it's best IMO.

Most of my time spent on Cartoon Network was during this handover every Friday night, when the UK channel gave way to TNT before WCW "Monday" Nitro:

This clip always meant one thing: the weekend has begun. :cool:
I always used to watch WCW on the Friday, record Raw late at night and then watch that and Smackdown on Saturdays. Those were the days.

Yeah I remember the TNT switchover. If I recall it right they used to put on old black n white gangster films on n'all, and Space Ghost: Coast to Coast would be the penultimate show beforehand (though I think that was towards the end of them sharing the channel)

Speaking of the end, Dragonball Z marked the point when I gradually stopped watching Cartoon Network. Watched the first few episodes after the adverts told me it was this massive amazing thing, but I soon realised that maybe the channel just wasn't for me anymore.

It still had some gems up its sleeve with Grim & Evil and Sheep in the Big City though. At its height CN was fucking ace!

Cartoon Network was awesome. Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab...and then Toonami. Dragon Ball (OG, Z, GT), and of course Yu Yu Hakusho. Good times.

I did! :D

My favourite Cartoon Network programmes were/are:
Cow & Chicken
The Power Puff Girls
Dexter's Laboratory
Ed, Edd & Eddy
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Two Stupid Dogs
Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Show
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
My Gym Partner's a Monkey
Johnny Bravo

I was a fan as well I imagine right up until 2001 or 02 when I was getting a bit too old. Past that time frame though there were also some real gems, with Samurai Jack at the top, a true masterpiece and way beyond what you'd expect on a broadcast aimed at children.

In the early days they'd also show a ton of old Hanna Barbera and Looney Tunes which were great as well.

These days I still watch more cartoons than series with actual people but while there seemed to have been a relatively big boom a few years ago (Archer, Rick & Morty, Superjail, Life and Times of Tim, etc) , these past couple of years haven't seemed as strong to me (not a big fan of Bojack, for instance). It seems like it's just the "classic" series from Fox and South Park out there.

I was born in the mid 1990's so I only very vaguely remember the golden age like Cartoon Catoon Friday's and Dragon Ball Z. My favorite when I was little was Scooby Doo I'd wait for hours for that at my grandma's house, didn't have cable at home back then.

Of course, cartoon network was my go-to channel back in the day. Dexter, PPG, Johnny Bravo, Cow and CHicken, EE&eddy, samurai jack, and of course TOONAMI with DBZ, gundam wing, sailor moon, kenshin, outlaw star, cowboy bebop, i mean the lists just go on and on...

And when I was around 16ish is when adult swim started to become a thing which was cool. Cartoon Network really was awesome for awhile... and Comedy Central... now they're both shadows of their former self...

Back