Do you guys think there will be more in the game than just this village and the harbour?

For comparison, there is something like 40 shops you can interact with in Dobuita
Not counting the Apartments and the Park

Last edited:
What I would really like is for Bailu to be more like Shenmue I: smaller size, less NPCs, but daily routines and full personalities. And then Niaowu more like Shenmue II: a bigger location with more NPCs, but more anonymous except for some select ones.

If we are supposed to invest in Shenhua as the other main character of the entire series, it would feel coherent to know her hometown just as well as we (the players) knew Ryo's one.

Totally agree with jcjimher although this is not guarantee at all. I would respect Yu's whatever decision anyway.

The bit that gives me the most confidence about the game:

"YS: To me, Shenmue fans are really great. The feedback I hear from most of the fans is, "We want you to make it the way you want it to be. We want a game that you're happy with". For a creator, that gives a really nice degree of freedom."

I remember myself tweeting Yu Suzuki about the importance of doing the game he wants. Looks like tons of people were doing the same and I'm glad of it.

I'd rather have a smaller open world that is packed with detail than a large environment that feels copy and paste. (like a lot of open world games tend to do)

I'm kind of okay if the game only takes place in Bailu Village and Chobu. Really wouldn't bother me so long as both places have the attention to detail going for them.

I really wouldn't mind if Bailu Village were about the same size as Yokosuka and if Chobu was about the same size as Hong Kong from Shenmue II. Just give me attention to detail instead of barren copy and paste size. I'll take attention to detail over copy and paste any day of the week.

The NPCs will definitely be walking around. Yu Suzuki says they're aiming for Shenmue II level scripting, which I take to mean the NPCs will have one role; walking the streets, fishing, shop-keeping etc. I think they'll perform that role all day. Unlike in the first game, where many NPCs had an address they'd leave from in the morning, go to work, close-shop and then return home in the evening.

That's a shame if true. For some reason I had thought Yu Suzuki had said it was closer to the routines seen in Shenmue 1.

Yes, absolutely.

I also think there will be other hidden locations.

My question is, will we be able to return to thr cave or will it be blocked off some way?

Yes, absolutely.

I also think there will be other hidden locations.

My question is, will we be able to return to thr cave or will it be blocked off some way?
Personally I reckon we will play the cave scene again at the start and then its blocked off.

I'd like to explore it if they do keep it open but I suspect they wont.

Did you forget the
Great Wall of China
we've seen in an early screenshot?

I've no problem if the game is deep enough. Deepness was the Yu's vision for Shenmue 3.

Isn't the "100 go" line official anyway?

Yeah it was in the real early footage where Ryo was fighting Mr Muscle.

Back