E3VR
PC GAMING SHOW
Limited Run Games

Ubisoft
Kinda Funny Showcase
Square Enix
Inside Xbox

Nintendo

P.S. Please be mindful of sharing/discussing E3 leaks outside of this thread, use spoiler tags and contain them here (until it's officially announced) ON WITH THE SHOW! -Flagship

We're literally hours away from E3 kicking off.

I noticed there was no thread here, so I'm gonna create one. Anyone else excited for E3 this year? What are you all expecting from this years show? Or what do you hope and dream will be at this years show?

I'm really keen to see what Microsoft have planned since they're pretty much the only big guys in town this weekend. I'm curious to see if they'll introduce next gen hardware or not.

I'm curious to see if Nintendo will announce that rumoured new Switch model. I've been kind of itching to buy a Switch lately but I'm waiting for them to inevitably announce a new model before doing so. Also will we see Shenmue 1 and 2 announced for Switch this weekend?

Will Sony even allude to it? They've been surprisingly tight lipped. I really thought they would have announced a conveniently timed State of Play but they haven't done so (yet)...so will even they allude to it? Maybe a surprise The Last of Us 2 trailer pops up in the same way that Death Stranding trailer did? Who knows...but I'm kind of surprised they've been true to their word so far and made no mention of E3.

Anyways....what say all of you? What are you all looking forward to this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not as excited about it as other E3's but I am waiting on Yu Suzuki and DS event. Next year I'll pay attention to sony.

I'm guessing the new Switch will have a typically Nintendo name, like "New Switch."

Well, I'm interested in hearing more about the new Intellivision console. It's going to be a lower-powered console with a focus on local multiplayer gaming and more old school game design, but it sounds like they have some interesting ideas for controllers... maybe something with a built-in touchscreen as well as physical controls.

AtGames will be showing off their full-size arcade cabinet... kind of their response to the Arcade 1Up mini cabinets, but this looks like it will have higher-quality controls, comes with over 300 games built-in and will have online functionality allowing for more game downloads as well as online multiplayer.

My pipe dream is an HD version of Jet Set Radio Future!

I'm also looking forward to hearing what Digital Foundry has to say about Shenmue III and the Sega Genesis Mini.

Pretty old school, huh? There's not much "modern" that interests me.

For this E3, I'm all in it for Switch as Sony won't be there.

Sony have already dropped some trailers on their YouTube channel so probably won't be completely absent. Go back to the end of last year and I was excited to see what Nintendo will bring to the Switch but that excitement has died down dramatically. My Switch just looks cool on my bookshelf and I no longer play the thing. Not enough quality exclusive games and the games are just way too expensive.

I think most big announcements won't be happening for now as everyone will be focused on next-gen. I predict your typical sequels being announced: Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, the sports game etc. but nothing major. Probably more gameplay of Cyberpunk and Death Stranding will be the most exciting thing to happen.

Thank you for making this thread @danielmann861 ! I'll be sharing this year's E3 schedule & streams links here and updating the OP! You can discuss/speculate the main event here (keep leaks in spoiler tags) but feel free to open a thread for a specific game once it's been announced!

Saturday's Events
[PT/BST]: EA PLAY 2019:

9:15am/5:15 pm BST Countdown to EA Play
9:30am/5:30 pm BST Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
10:00am/6:00 pm BST Apex Legends
10:30am/6:30 pm BST Battlefield 5
11:00am/7:00 pm BST FIFA 20
11:30am/7:30 pm BST Madden NFL 20
12:01pm/8:00 pm BST The Sims 4

Last edited:
Yay! I love this time of year. :love:

Though I'm not super excited for it, I'll be tuning in to see Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Will also be watching the PC Gaming show for obvious reasons (Shenmue 3).

The conspiracy theorist in me will also watch Microsoft's conference, just in case that DS Xbox One listing was a slip-up (unlikely).

I'll also take a peak at Nintendo's stream for my pipe dream: Twilight Princess & Wind Waker HD on Switch.

Also anticipating the new DS Shenmue 3 website being updated at some point to reveal those juicy collector editions.

I'll be in here posting during the Microsoft conference tomorrow.

I haven't checked out the Star Wars footage from today yet but I'll check it out later. Been fighting a stomach bug.

Looking forward to tomorrow though.

Microsoft and Bethesda. Should be fun. See you all then.

E3 has lost the same magic that this Con spreaded out in the late 90s to me. Every First Person Shooter on PC amazed with brilliant graphics, every new console brilliants with their consoles and games. Today it's a bit lame for me, but E3 was better. I want back the E3 from 2015, with surprising announcements, nobody counted with. The weirdest E3 was in that year were the Event was in Hotel-Rooms. What a strange decision.

Star Wars Fallen Order was "Alpha Footage". It doesn't look bad to me, but Jedi Knight is the original.

Ugh... Limited Run are having a press conference there... I just hope they don't latch onto any properties I care about...

Pretty pumped for the Xbox show tonight, apparently it'll be about 2 hours, hoping for a good deal of multi-platform stuff so I don't get jealous as a PS4 owner :p

Debating if I wanna stay up for Bethesda's show, I recently played Wolfenstein II and really dug it, but I do have work all this week... Staying up for the Square-Enix Show without a doubt!

Last edited:
@Zoyous - I've had bad experiences with them in returning something.

But also, I just don't like their bussiness model. I find that most of the time when I am interested in something, I can never get it because it the Limited Run concept of having a certain amount of copies means it's sold out before I even have the chance - Which leads to a field day for scalpers on eBay!

I would find it more ideal if they set a date from where you can Pre-Order, everyone who wants a copy can get one gets a chance to order one, then they set a deadline date. When that date strikes there will be a set number of orders for LR to make and distribute. It's just more fair + I think it would be a cool feature to see which titles on the site get more Pre-Orders, which the site could use to as a Promotion tool.

That makes sense! I don't like the artificial scarcity model either. They've only had a few releases I'm interested in, but I was like what's the point of even trying? It might as well be a lottery. I don't have time to hang out and F5 their page until the moment it releases, and then see that it's sold out almost immediately.

About an hour away from Microsoft kicking things off. I've got my browser set to Easy Allies Pre-Show Twitch stream right now.

It's like 5am here in Australia and I just pulled an all nighter (it's a long weekend here in Aus so no work today)

So what do we expect from Microsoft?

Personally?

-- I'm really hoping for a Cyberpunk 2077 release date announcement. That leak of the Collectors Edition leads me to believe it may be out sooner than we expected. It'd be kind of awesome if it were this year, BUT if it is soon then I think it will be Q1 2020.

-- Next Gen Xbox. If anything, they'll either do one of two things, They'll go way earlier than Sony and surprise everyone today by announcing Next Gen Xbox today. OR it's another Project Scorpio scenario where they end the show with the Developer Video teasing what's to come.

-- Third Party? What do we see today? Since there is no Sony this year; a lot of third party content will probably be shown today. Will Capcom show up with something? Be cool if Capcom showed up with either Resident Evil 8 (you know it's coming at some point) or surprise Dino Crisis remake.

-- Shenmue III Xbox One Port....Yes or No? I know Deep Silver said "no" on Twitter but that could be a rouse for the Microsoft E3 announcement.

-- Next Gen Halo Infinite is probably a given.

What else are we missing?

Last edited:
I'll definitely be interested to see what the rumoured new fable may offer if it shows up at the conference. Fable has always been my personal favourite fantasy rpg game series. I could never really get on with Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls, but Fable had just the right amount of whimsy and sense of humour to bring me into its world. Even though the previous games never seemed to live up to their promise, I always found them to still be enjoyable and entertaining. So I would be quite happy to see what some new Fable goodness could offer!

Back