El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Riku Rose

Sex Panther
Banned

In my eyes Breaking Bad is the best show ever so normally I'd be scared that they're bringing it back but Better Call Saul is the best thing on TV at the moment so even if Vince Gilligan wanted to go swimming with sharks covered in the blood of virgins while holding babies I'd let him.

Literally rewatching the show and on season 5 as you posted that. Cannot wait!!

BB was a great show. i cant bring myself to watch better call saul as i feel i should of been watching it when breaking bad was still on.

i will definitely watch the movie.

So Badger is back, as well as up to 10 BB characters...

Damn, where is he going to go with this!

Time to see what Walt Jr is up to. Probably turned to a life of crime

Probably, as well as Skylar, Hollie, Marie, Skinny Pete, Badger, Elliot & Gretchen...

The problem is that all of the characters i was mostly invested in are not going to make an appearance for obvious reasons. That's the beauty of Better Call Saul, and Jonathan Banks ' Mike Ermantraut was my favourite by miles.

I can only figure Vince will bring in a few new interesting characters, but i cant lie, and have a bit of trepidation about the hole Bryan Cranston will leave. I mean, he aint alive. He cant be. No way. Shot, cancer ridden, and even if he was, he is well behind bars.

So on the one hand i absolutely cannot wait, but on the other, i am kinda worried. I think the next season of Better Call Saul has the most potential to really come up to Breaking Bad territory, and have Jesse show up at the Cinnabon , with this coming movie paving the possibilities as to how that happen.

I imagine Walt will make an appearence. It'll probably be in Jesse's mind or a dream or something.

Honestly I'm just not sure where they're going to go with this or what it will really be about outside of him avoiding the DEA.

Exactly, which means he cannot return to his home, and judging by Skinny Pete's interview teaser, this cannot be set too much longer after Felina.

I dunno, he must have came up with a seriously good idea for a movie. He better, otherwise this could tarnish the franchise a bit.

I look forward to this movie to see where Jessie goes after he escapes. Hopefully he tries to clean up his life after all the shit he went through

Exactly, which means he cannot return to his home, and judging by Skinny Pete's interview teaser, this cannot be set too much longer after Felina.

Although it's hard to know how far down in time movie will go, the second trailer certainly confirms your reasoning:

The trailer says nine were killed. I rewatched the clubhouse scene closely and, with Walt included, nine are dead.

Last edited:

Hold on to your butts!

I'm intrigued. I wasn't too keen when it was first announced...but this latest trailer sold me. Now I'm intrigued to see where the hell it's going.

Holy crap!!! Oct 11???

I watched the first 3 seasons back when they were still ongoing, but abruptly stopped after Season 4 premier. Finally got around to finished ever since i heard the announcement for a movie.

this is the anti-shenmue 3 level of waiting for a sequel.

I trust vince that this will be a good movie with a story that should be told.

i saw it today. i enjoyed it.

shame this movie came out so long after the main tv series ended. i only say that as a casual fan. personally i forgot some of the details from the series.. but other than that, i found some of the action very tense. good acting and well written plot.

I did not need to rewatch the entire series for this movie. Netflix provides you a short recap before viewing the movie. The movie itself is amazing on its own as it gives plenty of screentime for the viewers to get reacquainted with the any of it characters. It truly feels like it was made right after the end of the series finale, so fans should feel right at home with this one.

This held up quite well. A few points stood out to me:

a. I'm glad he was given the creative license to truly channel his wild west love in this film, although the stand off was a bit too on the nose for me. Nonetheless, it really felt like a classic western overall: guy needs to get out, get his money, and he barely wins. To this same aesthetic, I loved the credits.

b. As someone who moved to Alaska for a period of time, I have a deep sympathy for his feelings with the "fresh start", though I can't say I've cooked much meth. I wonder how he could've survived that trip up there with customs, but who am I?

c. I like the red herring Skinny Pete trailer; one hopes he and Badger actually ended up alright. Again, to the Western point... they played their roles and disappeared.

d. I was hoping there wouldn't be a WW appearance, but it was tolerable. He expressed a bit of earnest compassion, mixed with his usual arrogance (the "this is what you really need to do for college" vibe talk).

The ending was kind of predictable for me, but other than that, I enjoyed the movie and thought of it nothing more than as an extended episode of the series finale, but then again, that’s what it is. I’m glad that
Pinkman relatively got a happy ending and we understand the idea of why he wanted to go to Alaska came from
. I was already anticipating
a flashback with Walter, and it seems like it takes place around season 2 to the best of my memory
and that scene was placed appropriately.

It’s just crazy
how Todd gained so much weight lol

Back