Encounters With Famous People

About 18 years ago, I worked at a computer retail store as a cashier. Mark Calloway (better known as the wrestler 'The Undertaker') came into the store with his friend to buy some DVDs. Part of a pro-wrestler's contract is that they stay in character even when out in public.

When he approached the counter with the same scowling look, I was terrified. He is the most gigantic man I have ever seen before or since. Super scary... didn't say a word to me lol.

Last edited:
About 18 years ago, I worked at a computer retail store as a cashier. Mark Calloway (better known as the wrestler 'The Undertaker') came into the store with his friend to buy some DVDs. Part of a pro-wrestler's contract is that they stay in character even when out in public.

When he approached the counter with the same scowling look, I was terrified. He is the most gigantic man I have ever seen before or since. Super scary... didn't say a word to me lol.
I've heard he's a big sweetheart when out of character.

Used to scare the shit out of me as a kid.

Been around many, but intentionally ignore them. I’d shake Yu Suzuki-sama’s hand out of respect. The rest can stick it.

Apparently my mom met Modern Talking before they were famous in some bar in Germany in the early 80's.

Same lol. Especially when he first came onto the scene and he had a rivalry with The Ultimate Warrior (my favorite as a kid).

The air that my friend got from Kojima is that he was treating him as if he was beneath him. Like it was something special for my friend to be talking to the “great Kojima.”

He was talking down to my friend like my friend was beneath him, That is what I got told. I can’t go into any further detail because it’s not my story to tell. It’s the best I can say about it in public.

But the impression was Kojima was high on his own self and he projected it down to others. And it rubbed my friend the wrong way and came across as arrogant.

Well fans are doing damage control for DS atm over Kojima ghosting an actress he told her he had a role for her.

So now your friends story does start to carry some weight about his ego.

I think Kojima's obsession with hollywood changed him when he was noticed by "Movie" Directors/Big name actors.

I think Kojima's obsession with hollywood changed him when he was noticed by "Movie" Directors/Big name actors.

Considering he was trying to big himself up to a Film Director of a certain remake from last year during this interaction with my friend...that statement sounds like it has a lot of weight with what I've been told.

Sorry to the OP btw, I didn't mean to de-rail this thread with Kojima talk...in case anyone is bothered by this going off topic.

Reactions: red
personally i didnt like the way kojima treated david hayter. he just dropped him without even telling him he was going with another voice actor + after all those years of working on mgs., quite sad.

A friend (and former attempted GF of myself) met him at Niagara Falls Comic Con, yesterday; so awesome!

i almost forgot, many years ago i met the actor Damian Lewis and his wife, the actress Helen McCrory. i knew this older artist and got roped into meeting them at a gallery. at the time, i didnt know who they were but they kept talking about acting etc - during the conversation, i felt they were trying to work out if i recognized them lol

of course since then im up to date with homeland and peaky blinders, both are good actors.

Last edited:
Back