Favorite QTE scenes

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
While this was most likely discussed in previous incarnations of the forums, I think it'd be nice to once again discuss our favorite QTE scenes from the Shenmue franchise.

My number one favorite certainly has to be the Lucky Charm fight QTE scene. It reminds me of a classic Hong Kong action flick, and it keeps you on your toes and gets your adrenaline pumping.

After that, a close second has to be the Yukawa chase from the What's Shenmue demo. While it is essentially the Jimmy chase at the end of disc 2 from the original game, playing it in the What's Shenmue demo has its own distinct novelty where Yukawa is screaming that he'll never hand over the disc, and Ryo is trying to plead that it's all a misunderstanding.

My favorites are the chase scenes (Jimmy, Wong, etc). I’m not a big fan of QTE fights as I prefer free combat and I absolutely hate the planks. I still have nightmares about them from time to time!

The drunken sailor who wants to take Ryo for a drink haha and then fails miserably at trying to fight Ryo and the heartbeats bar one. The kick that sends the sailor over the bar is cool.

Shenmue
I love how Ryo does the double blow in that QTE in the warehouse. That and the chase scenes are my picks for QTE's like the one in the harbour when you're finding out about the Long Zha.

Shenmue II
The epic QTE section in the market, that whole section of game is great with the cup signs. I like how when you brawl in the resturant the tables get knocked over. Also the part where you and Ren are handcuffed is fun. The impact of counter elbow assault on Don Niu is another.

Shenmue 1: The big one fighting the foreigners in Warehouse 1, the chase at the harbour and the bar fights, since well, they're iconic to me.

Shenmue 2: The big one in Hong Kong and the final part of the Master Baihu fight. I did like the Guilin QTEs just for their relaxing chimes and change of pace.

I quite like the one where Ryo saves the little boy in White Dynasty QR when waiting on the Chawan Sign.

Loved the yellow head 12th floor, rapid fire and epic. The final QTE on the rooftop is iconic for me and is almost the beginning of the making of Ryo as a martial artist.

Back