Fishing is the best part of the game

Whack a Mole

I just wish it had endless rounds

I liked it in Bailu but only fished once or twice in Niaowu. There were far too many pole rental shops and fishing locations in Niaowu to really give a crap when you could scoop up herbs and forklift and make better money.

Not going to lie, fishing was so theraputic.
But the forklift job still wins!

It was ok but could have been alot better.

I wish they didn't have the flashing blue arrows to tell you when to move the rod left or right. You'll know when to do that by where the fish moves, you know like when actually FISHING.

I wish you had the option to hide or show the right mini view of the lure so you could enjoy the view.

I wish the fish actually reacted to your pulls and moves. Instead you wait around for that one fish to come out of nowhere. Sonic Adventure and Zelda Ocarina of Time had realistic fish that swam away if you moved the lure too much or too little and those games came out decades ago.

And finally i wish when you caught a fish the black overlay to show the type of fish and weight only covered the left half of the screen so that you could actually enjoy looking at the fish you worked so hard to catch.

I will fight you in a dimly lit bar, but I say that only as I'm sitting down these days to snag the 1,000 fish trophy.

That said: while I think the herbs felt more like padding for Niaowu, the fishing at least makes more sense given the port setting. I don't go for it, but I enjoy it on occasion. In truth, it's cleverly simple. It's probably one of the better additions the game in the sense of balancing simplicity and charm (I'd give the gold metal to the ball machines, though).

I will fight you in a dimly lit bar, but I say that only as I'm sitting down these days to snag the 1,000 fish trophy.

That said: while I think the herbs felt more like padding for Niaowu, the fishing at least makes more sense given the port setting. I don't go for it, but I enjoy it on occasion. In truth, it's cleverly simple. It's probably one of the better additions the game in the sense of balancing simplicity and charm (I'd give the gold metal to the ball machines, though).
Glad to see another smart ball fan. I’m not sure we really needed 3/4 smart ball locations, but as a pastime, it’s a lot more fitting of both the era and location than some of the previous mini games in the series. I can’t say I spent too much time playing it, but I though it was a nice addition.

Fishing was fine for me, albeit a little simplistic in design. I would have loved to hear a tune made specifically for the minigame, sometimes music is just absent and that makes the whole experience dull.

I also found myself fishing quite a lot in Bailu and not so much in Niaowu, but that’s probably because I wasted too much time fishing in Bailu for the 1000 fish trophy (which I am yet to obtain btw 😑).

I never understood it tbh.
In the contest it seems random if you get a big fish or not.
Having to catch special fish was ok enough.

Completely disagree, the fishing was poorly executed and not essential to the budget wasted on it that could have been put into the story progress. If I wanted to fish I would play Sega Bass Fishing on Wii, doesn't get any better than that.

Completely disagree, the fishing was poorly executed and not essential to the budget wasted on it that could have been put into the story progress. If I wanted to fish I would play Sega Bass Fishing on Wii, doesn't get any better than that.
I don't think the money spent on the fishing mini-game would have had much impact on the story telling. A combination of the mini-games/maybe removing 3 or 4 may well have done.

That said, what didnt you like about it? Just curious.

Back