Forgotten Games

SledgeNE

Currently playing
Half-Life Missing Information 1.6
I mean with this Topic, for example the game "Prey" from Human Head Studios. It was released in the summor of 2006. It was a great game, i play it often and enjoy it so much. It's not to understand why this game is not available on Steam or gog.

Or the Game "Pariah" from Epic. It was not the biggest blockbuster-game but it was great to play and had good Levels. And this game is not available on any platform.

Why is this so? Do you have favourites you want to replay and you can't find it on Steam or gog?

1569501911699.png1569501933435.png
I made a thread about it not long back but Shadow of Memories/Destiny for the PS2, XBOX, PC & Even got a sneaky Re-release on PSP. I wonderful interactive narrative in which you have to got back in time to change events to prevent your own death. Not only is the concept fantastic but the story is very compelling and has multiple endings which mostly add more to the overall picture. I wish this would get a HD Remaster!

Shadow of Destiny rocks. I forget how many endings I managed to get in the end, but I do remember really enjoying my time with the game.

My choices (all Capcom, because I love Capcom):
L.E.D Storm aka Mad Gear - A top down platformer/racing game that never got any console ports (either at the time or on arcade collections). Its a huge shame as the game itself is actually really fun - fast paced and pretty well designed and has a pretty decent/fair difficulty curve. What's even cooler (or stranger) is that the beta of the game was actually even better, but feedback from location testing for the game forced certain aspects of the game to be changed - namely the graphics which looked way better in the beta, plus the level design was notably tweaked here and there. Thankfully someone managed to dump the beta so its playable via MAME. Still amazes me the base game never got ported on arcade collections, if Last Resort and Avengers (not the Marvel guys) could get slapped on the PS2/Xbox/PSP/PS3! collections, this sure should have been.

Warzard aka Red Earth - the CPS3 game that never got ported. Like Jojo and SF3 its a fighter, though as you play more you level up and learn more moves. Its got an awesome array of characters (both to play as and to fight) and looks amazing. The most respect the game has gotten over the years was having 4 characters show up in a PS2 crossover fighter (Capcom Fighting Jam) and some costumes more recently in SFV. Im still hoping for a port myself.

Rockman.exe (Wonderswan Colour). RM.exe (or Battle Network outside of Japan) was a popular series with loads of sequels. However while most people are aware of the GBA games and maybe even the Gamecube platformer, most are completely unaware of the Wonderswan Colour platformer, even Capcom tends to never bring it up, which is a pity as its actually damn good - the game has two routes for each level (an upper and lower route) and basically depending on which route you go, you'll end up in a completely different sub level, and fight a completely different boss at the end of the level. Play through the game twice, taking out all the different bosses across both runs nets you an extra bonus boss from EXE2, and clear the super tough boss rush mode a few times to fight the ever infamous Forte.exe who's just as hard as in other games where he shows up as optional bosses.

I made a thread about it not long back but Shadow of Memories/Destiny for the PS2, XBOX, PC & Even got a sneaky Re-release on PSP. I wonderful interactive narrative in which you have to got back in time to change events to prevent your own death. Not only is the concept fantastic but the story is very compelling and has multiple endings which mostly add more to the overall picture. I wish this would get a HD Remaster!

Back during the thread you mentioned, I was on the lookout and found the game on ebay. Unfortunately, the seller was dishonest and it was pretty scratchy and I was too eager to notice it was in a standard movie DVD case, not a PS2 case. Lucky it was a pretty good deal--too good to be true, apparently. Oh well, I've plenty fo spare PS2 games I haven't gotten around to selling and I can bring the game to a local shop with a resurfacing machine.

I always love to mention Evil Twin and Omikron (which was suppose to get a direct sequel way back before Fahrenheit) in similar topics, but I haven't mentioned Headhunter before. Never played Redemption, though I want to despite lukewarm reviews. Wish the series had gotten a better sequel to continue from or a reboot.

For the longest time, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis has been not allowed to exist, but near the end of the wii gen, it got ported to steam, and even better, It's a special unlock in the wii's version of Indiana Jones and the staff of kings, so now It's protected from vanishing for all time :)

Lol that's one way to sell a bad game, imbed a actual good game into it.

Honestly, most of my favourite games are forgotten by your definition. Although I never personally played it, I saw a very interesting youtube video about Driver: san francisco that fits your definition.

Driver: San Francisco is an amazing game - it's one of the few games I enjoy even more than Shenmue.

But if we're going to count that, then I'd have to put After Burner Climax ahead of it; also not available to buy any more for the same reasons, for a longer period of time, and also I like it even more.

And then taking yet another step up the ladder, to one of my favourite games of all time, Rollcage: Stage II. Was released once on PS1 and PC 20 years ago and hasn't been touched since. There have been a few dud sequels-in-spirit (Firebugs and Grip), and the original games are half-maintained unofficially, but I think it's criminal that it hasn't been ported to more modern hardware.

I hate it when Big gaming companies create Sequels and never bring em over or skip one altogether while ignoring a prequel/numbered installments. Some completely forgotten non-localized sequel/prequels that really irks me:

1.) Front mission V: Scars of wars

1569550412362.png

2.) Suikoden: The Woven Web of a Century

1569550356275.png

3.) Breath of Fire VI

1569550590448.png

4.) Devil Kings 2: Heroes

1569550671404.png

5.) Ciel no Surge

1569550757150.png

--------------------------------

On top of that, I wanna see what is so dang immersive about this game that a dude married it IRL.

1569550933865.png

1569551026533.png

Localized it Konami! U cowards! :(

Meteos. Aside from NSMB, only game I had a DS Lite for way back then.

3.) Breath of Fire VI

View attachment 4364

4.) Devil Kings 2: Heroes

View attachment 4365

BoF6 was hated on because Capcom did a mobile only game while gutting much of what people loved about the series. Its actually one of the few RPG series I'll actually really get into (and BoF2 is the only RPG I've actually finished more than once, as I enjoyed it so much). Hopefully 6 stays dead until they can reboot the series proper.

Oh, and please don't use those dirty words "Devil Kings" to besmirch the good name of Sengoku Basara! Still makes me laugh that Capcom thought the series needed more Western appeal when bringing the first game over on the PS2. And gutting a bit of content, redesigning characters etc. Samurai Warriors always did well enough that it never needed it. Basically doomed the series over here right away, though they did relent and release SB3 properly on the PS3/Wii. But 2, 4, Sanada, and the two PSP games remain Japan only (oh, and that ASW fighter). Thankfully the PS games are region free, but still its a pity they never saw English releases. Then again aside from mobile side games the series seems pretty dead in Japan for now, last TGS they teased something but it was just characters for their mobile game. Its been years since 4/Sanada...

BoF6 was hated on because Capcom did a mobile only game while gutting much of what people loved about the series. Its actually one of the few RPG series I'll actually really get into (and BoF2 is the only RPG I've actually finished more than once, as I enjoyed it so much). Hopefully 6 stays dead until they can reboot the series proper.

Oh, and please don't use those dirty words "Devil Kings" to besmirch the good name of Sengoku Basara! Still makes me laugh that Capcom thought the series needed more Western appeal when bringing the first game over on the PS2. And gutting a bit of content, redesigning characters etc. Samurai Warriors always did well enough that it never needed it. Basically doomed the series over here right away, though they did relent and release SB3 properly on the PS3/Wii. But 2, 4, Sanada, and the two PSP games remain Japan only (oh, and that ASW fighter). Thankfully the PS games are region free, but still its a pity they never saw English releases. Then again aside from mobile side games the series seems pretty dead in Japan for now, last TGS they teased something but it was just characters for their mobile game. Its been years since 4/Sanada...

BOF V was pretty divisive as well, but I love the story/fun gene mixing mechanics of this Ironically, capcom's only traditional JRPG IP. So I just wanna see where things are going story/gameplay wise regardless if I'll hate it or not. BOF IV was peak BOF for me personally, deep writing/characters and a intuitively fun battle system.

I know it's SB but I try to call it what it woulda been if had been localized around that time period. But I do agree it's ridiculous Big Wig gaming companies are ashamed of their own IP's name. And the gameplay direction is wayyy more DMC-esque which is much better than Koei's own mindless mashing.

I always had a soft spot for Toejam and Earl III: for a 3D rendition, I thought it well balanced the atmosphere of the first two games and maintained that sleazy Dreamcast feel (6th gen, but not quite).

I also wish Power Stone 2 (I'd settle for the first) got another home console release-- I will always prefer that game to Smash Bros. Then again, to quote Dostoevsky, "I am a diseased man."

A few couple more from me:

1.) The Ps2 Sequel to Rock and Pocky(One of the hardest shmups of all time)

1569734367068.png

2.) Tokyo Mono Arashi [Atlus's Shin Megami team collab]

tkyo.png

3.) Zangeki no Reginleiv (A Ninty funded exclusive too...smh)

1569735539143.png

Attachments

• 1569734723141.png
    1569734723141.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I think a lot of people only like these two in an ironic "so bad it's good" kind of way. I legitimately adore them, though. It's too bad the producer for both is dead.

Untitled.png

Back